Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion HPE320ch WX139EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The processor fan in my HPE320 ch desktop (product number WX139EA) recently started making a growling noice.  I've removed the side panel and cleared all dust around the fan.  Initially this solved the problem but then the noise restarted after a few hours. I've made no recent software or hardware upgrades, so I believe the fan needs to be replaced. The only problem is I can't find any replacement part on the HP web site. 

Can anyone give me details of a compatible replacement fan and supplier?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is because the fan is included with the motherboard.

The simplest way to do this is to measure the fan. The dimension will be in millimeters.s. You need to know if uses three or four pins. 

An Intel i5 fan for a socket 1156 processor will work.  Check NewEgg.com

If you have never done this before it may be simpler to take the PC to a computer shop. They can do it for you in very little time.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

That is because the fan is included with the motherboard.

The simplest way to do this is to measure the fan. The dimension will be in millimeters.s. You need to know if uses three or four pins. 

An Intel i5 fan for a socket 1156 processor will work.  Check NewEgg.com

If you have never done this before it may be simpler to take the PC to a computer shop. They can do it for you in very little time.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. I managed to find a replacement.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.