Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY 700-311na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm a heavy gamer and after owning this PC for almost 2 years upgrading it several times, I feel that the RAM is a bit slow and the timings may not be good for gaming. So, is 1600mhz the fastest the mobo supports?

Also, could anybody tll me the sizes of the fans that this PC shipped with? I'd like to  replace them with faster, 'classier' fans (and maybe a cpu cooler upgrade)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Thomas5020

Welcome to the HP Forums,
I hope you're well 🙂

As I understand you want information on RAM Upgrades for MS 7826 on your ENVY 700-311na,

I've looked around and here's your product specifications: Click here

And you are right about the 1600mhz, that is the fastest supported by the motherboard

For motherboard board specifications: Click here

If you wish to find/replace specific parts, you could click here to obtain what you need to upgrade.

Keep me posted,
If the information I've provided was helpful,
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Thomas5020

I hope you're well 🙂

As I understand you want information on RAM Upgrades for MS 7826 on your ENVY 700-311na,

And you are right about the 1600mhz, that is the fastest supported by the motherboard

If you wish to find/replace specific parts, you could click here to obtain what you need to upgrade.

Keep me posted,
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher wrote:

@Thomas5020

I hope you're well 🙂

Keep me posted,
Good Luck.

Wow... This board was clearly designed to save money then... 

I'll probably hold on until I feel the whole system is becoming lacking (probably start of 2018 if it lasts that long) instead of having to buy another motherboard and ram. 

Out of interest, if I was to take the parts I think are good out (GPU, CPU, SSD, to add to newly built system) and replace them with weaker parts, would everything work fine without errors? I know 4th gen i5's will fit into the socket, but will the motherboard cope alright or would it need a firmware upgrade?

Thanks for your help so far, stopped me wasting money on ram 🙂

HP Recommended

@Thomas5020

Thank you for replying,

I'm glad my assistance has been useful,

If you wish to upgrade the CPU you may check the motherboard specifications and what is supports before you proceed.

Personally, I wouldn't suggest spending more on upgrading the CPU unless you want to upgrade the motherboard as well, although that said, HP doesn't recommend upgrading or changing the motherboard on the computer, so it would be at your discretion.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher wrote:

@Thomas5020

Thank you for replying,

I'm glad my assistance has been useful,

If you wish to upgrade the CPU you may check the motherboard specifications and what is supports before you proceed.

Personally, I wouldn't suggest spending more on upgrading the CPU unless you want to upgrade the motherboard as well, although that said, HP doesn't recommend upgrading or changing the motherboard on the computer, so it would be at your discretion.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
Regards,

Only reason i'd be changing the CPU for an i5 would be so I could sell it as a working PC instead of just a case with some spares in (for money towards new PC) I'm just going to leave the motherboard as the current one and make sure I get a board compatible with at least 2400mhz next time I buy 

Thanks for your help :generic:

Spoiler

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.