Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello, I also have this model and want to upgrade my video card.

My current card is the NVIDIA GeForce GT 545 (3 gbs) and I need to upgrade it. I would like to have the NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti. I had been looking at this Gigabyte GV-N75TOC2-2GI GTX 750 Ti GDDR5-2GB 2xHDMI OC Graphics Cards GV-N75TOC2-2GI

However, I am unclear as to whether my computer can take this card. I am also open to other suggestions. I need a better card for gaming and media production. I'm trying to keep the cost under $200 if possible.

My operating system is WIndows 10.

I have the eight-core AMD Fx (TM) 8150 processor, 3.60 gzh, 12 gigabytes of ram,  X64.

Thank you kindly for any assistance you can offer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is always important to mention your original OS.

In your case, the h8-1230z circa Feb 2011 would be a Legacy BIOS v7.16 machine, and not capable of accepting a UEFI vBIOS (v8+)  upgrade.  With that said, your limited to only cards that are Legacy or have a hybrid BIOS (having a micro switch) to toggle either Legacy or UEFI. Please consult this page.  MSI makes hybrid cards, and their N750Ti series  fits your inquiry.             

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It is always important to mention your original OS.

In your case, the h8-1230z circa Feb 2011 would be a Legacy BIOS v7.16 machine, and not capable of accepting a UEFI vBIOS (v8+)  upgrade.  With that said, your limited to only cards that are Legacy or have a hybrid BIOS (having a micro switch) to toggle either Legacy or UEFI. Please consult this page.  MSI makes hybrid cards, and their N750Ti series  fits your inquiry.             

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.