Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
What if I put a 2.0 version using graphic card?
Would it run??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. Yes, you can replace the PSU with a different wattage without any issues. However, when you select the PSU, make sure that it has sufficient connectors to support the HDD, ODD and has the connector which suits the graphics card (if the graphics card requires additional power supply). 

Some 2.0 PCI graphics cards are backward compatible with 1.0. However, if you install a 2.0 graphics card on a motherboard that supports 1.0, the performance of the 2.0 graphics card will be reduced to 1.0.

This means that the 2.0 graphics cards potential will be reduced to 1.0. 

Hope this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. Yes, you can replace the PSU with a different wattage without any issues. However, when you select the PSU, make sure that it has sufficient connectors to support the HDD, ODD and has the connector which suits the graphics card (if the graphics card requires additional power supply). 

Some 2.0 PCI graphics cards are backward compatible with 1.0. However, if you install a 2.0 graphics card on a motherboard that supports 1.0, the performance of the 2.0 graphics card will be reduced to 1.0.

This means that the 2.0 graphics cards potential will be reduced to 1.0. 

Hope this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@justin12,

To clarify your inquiry, and so all can understand, here is your initial post.    As your computer is a p6703in model, with WIn 7, 64 bit, and is a "legacy" BIOS, it is not capable of using the newer UEFI BIOS graphic cards.  Your question on the GT 710 is then moot, as it will not work in your computer, as it's a UEFI card.

Please mention a sampling of the games you wish to play. Or go here and answer the "Can I Run It".  I do belive the i3-550 will be a bottle-neck (problem).

@Chimney_83,

That model as an i3-550 processor, and is PCIE x 16 version 2

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended
@wb2001
Call of duty : Ghost
GTA 4/5
Rivals
HP Recommended
@Chimney_83
Thank you so much sir.
HP Recommended

@justin12

Because your i3-550 is a first generation (2010) chipset,   I can not input the i3-550 1st Generation into the search parameters.  Plugging a GPU card into an older model 2010 chip set is foolish without the test.  Please login to the Can I Do It module. Let it test your chips.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.