Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 500-326na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I am in the process of maxing out everything on my current state which has the Orchid-S motherboard. I have just put in a Athlon X4 760 CPU with a stock cooler. I have managed to overclock it from 4.1MHz to 4.3 with a +0.1V increase which runs well at 48C while gaming. Anything more requires more voltage but the temperature sores up to 67C under stability test so I just put it back. Could someone please recommend a good cooler for overclocking for this motherboard which requires 4 screws to secure it in place. I'm not looking at spending a fortune but I am realistic and accept to get something decent will require to spent a bit of cash. Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the cooler at Amazon.UK.  It has very good reviews, but one review says it is tall.  You can read the reviews to see what the users have to say about it.  Again, if you have questions their Tech Support can help you far more than me.  I have found that it saves returning components if I talk to the manufacturer's Tech Support.  Seller pay for shipping to you, but you pay to ship it back to them.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

According to the specs the PSU is an external 180W.  Is this correct?  If so, this may be a problem for you in the future.

Here is a cooler that seems to get some good reviews.  You may find that it is difficult to get the processor to run cool in a mid-size case.  This is also going to present a problem with the size of the cooler.  Check the measurements carefully before buying it.  I suggest doing some creative cable management.  This will help a lot, also.

I have been away from OC'ing for quite some time, but know that you have to take into consideration that no two processors are going to clock exactly the same even though they appear to be the same in every respect.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended
I have been upgrading my system and no longer use the stock psu. I upgraded it to a Corsair 430W when I upgraded my graphics card. I did look at that cooler but I understand what you are saying about the size of the tower and reviews I looked at on it says it is pretty chunky. I upgraded my GPU to a EVGA GTX 960 SSC and had a nightmare fitting it in. I did look at another cooler and it said it takes up very little space. Would appreciate any feedback on it?

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/hydro-series-h55-quiet-cpu-cooler
HP Recommended

It is an interesting cooler.  However, it is difficult to know if it will work with your motherboard.  I suggest that you contact Corsair's Tech Support.  They should be able to tell you if it will work or not.  If it does, it should do a good job of cooling.  It will be much more quiet than a standard cooler, as well.

HP Recommended
I can certainly contact them. Just realised it only says it's for an FM1 socket which is no use for me. Found another one which is compatible with my socket and says it's also suited for smaller towers.

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/hyper-series/hyper-103/
HP Recommended

Here is the cooler at Amazon.UK.  It has very good reviews, but one review says it is tall.  You can read the reviews to see what the users have to say about it.  Again, if you have questions their Tech Support can help you far more than me.  I have found that it saves returning components if I talk to the manufacturer's Tech Support.  Seller pay for shipping to you, but you pay to ship it back to them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.