Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart 610-1190f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I 'm not using the TV Tuner card for my HP TouchSmart 610.

Can I replace the card with a PCI-E SSD Drive?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @hpts610user,

These All-In-One computer are not designed to be modified. I would not try because of space and design.

Here is a document of the things that can be UPGRADING AND SERVICING GUIDE. .

Maybe look at putting a Hybrid hard drive in replace the old hard drive.

Hope this helps. Please keep me informed of how things went.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @hpts610user,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the tv tuner. I will be glad to help you.

I can not find touchsmart 610-1190f. 
Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c02881557

Product No: QP677AA

Windows 7 Home 64bit

HP Recommended

Hi @hpts610user,

These All-In-One computer are not designed to be modified. I would not try because of space and design.

Here is a document of the things that can be UPGRADING AND SERVICING GUIDE. .

Maybe look at putting a Hybrid hard drive in replace the old hard drive.

Hope this helps. Please keep me informed of how things went.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

It could be done if there is clearance for one of these adapters (they don't take up a lot of extra room either): https://www.ebay.com/itm/mSATA-SSD-to-Mini-PCI-E-SSD-mSATA-to-PCI-Express-Converter-Card-Adapter-/35...

That will convert a mSATA SSD (which you will have a 100% easier time finding and affording) to interface thru mini PCI-e (they look the same but they are pin'd differently so they don't plug and play with one another. 

That would allow you to remove the tv tuner.. which I just looked at and it is about the size of the adapter and a half sized mSATA.. you can do it buddy!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply!

I'm not sure if I will do this, but it's good to know it can be done. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.