Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h9-1215t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My motherboard called it quits recently, and I've been trying to find a replacement that'll work. I finally settled on this Intel one here,  a microATX with a 1155 socket, but when I contacted the seller to double-check that it would work with my current setup, I was told that the HP case is not sized according to industry standard. I have tried to match the dimensions of the new motherboard (9.6 x 1.7 x 9.6 inches) to the one that came with my desktop (it only lists 24.4 cm (9.6 in) x 24.4 cm (9.6 in)), and I'd like to make sure I'm buying a part that will actually fit in my case before I make my purchase.

P.S. I would also like to double-check if I'll likely have to re-install/purchase a new instance of Windows 10; my desktop got the free update from Windows 8 to Windows 10 way back in the day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Both boards are 9.6 x 9.6, so about the only other would be mounting post placement.  In checking the mounting holes, from the pictures of the two - they seem to match.   You would need to check the back panel plate to verify the new motherboard comes with one, as the existing panel plate will not match.

Windows 10 will not like the new motherboard and it will most probably need a different licence product key, but I would assume it to just need the key and not to reinstall.  Google for that process.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Both boards are 9.6 x 9.6, so about the only other would be mounting post placement.  In checking the mounting holes, from the pictures of the two - they seem to match.   You would need to check the back panel plate to verify the new motherboard comes with one, as the existing panel plate will not match.

Windows 10 will not like the new motherboard and it will most probably need a different licence product key, but I would assume it to just need the key and not to reinstall.  Google for that process.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks, I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Worst case scenario, I guess I buy a new back plate.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.