Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF desktop PC that I'm using as a home theater PC.  I'm running Windows Media Center on with 2 tuner cards and OTA antennas.

With this setup, I'm using an HP WMC remote.  The model no. listed inside the remote battery cover is TSGH-IR01.  The issue I'm having with the remote is that the stop and skip forward and back buttons do nothing when pressed.  The IR light at the top of the remote flashes when pressing these buttons so I don't think the buttons themselves are faulty.  All the other buttons on the remote work fine.

I'm wondering if this is a programming/software issue and if so, what I need to do to resolve this issue.   It's annoying to not be able to stop a recorded program that's playing when pressing the stop button but having to use a mouse to do so instead.   Any help that can be given will be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PainedByTech wrote:

I have an HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF desktop PC that I'm using as a home theater PC.  I'm running Windows Media Center on with 2 tuner cards and OTA antennas.

With this setup, I'm using an HP WMC remote.  The model no. listed inside the remote battery cover is TSGH-IR01.  The issue I'm having with the remote is that the stop and skip forward and back buttons do nothing when pressed.  The IR light at the top of the remote flashes when pressing these buttons so I don't think the buttons themselves are faulty.  All the other buttons on the remote work fine.

I'm wondering if this is a programming/software issue and if so, what I need to do to resolve this issue.   It's annoying to not be able to stop a recorded program that's playing when pressing the stop button but having to use a mouse to do so instead.   Any help that can be given will be much appreciated!

For anyone having this problem, I found out the cause after reading a post on thegreenbutton.tv forums.  An app in Chrome or any Chromium browser (in my case, Slimjet browser) is the culprit.

For me it was the Plex app.  It was hijacking the stop and skip forward and back buttons on my HP WMC remote.  As soon as I disabled the Plex app, the buttons started working.   Would have never guessed that it was the problem!  Hope this helps someone else who may be having the same issue.  Ah, tech.  Isn't it lovely??!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PainedByTech wrote:

For anyone having this problem, I found out the cause after reading a post on thegreenbutton.tv forums.  An app in Chrome or any Chromium browser (in my case, Slimjet browser) is the culprit.

For me it was the Plex app.  It was hijacking the stop and skip forward and back buttons on my HP WMC remote.  As soon as I disabled the Plex app, the buttons started working.   Would have never guessed that it was the problem!  Hope this helps someone else who may be having the same issue.  Ah, tech.  Isn't it lovely??!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.