Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp 260 113nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello to all.

I have a Hp 260 113nl with hard disk 1 terabite and I would change it to a SSD.

I unplugged the old hard drive and connected the new one but I can not install any operating system.

The desktop PC has Windows 10 and I wanted to install Windows 7.

I have to change any parameter in the bios ??

Thank you all.
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

What installation media are you using? DVD or Pendrive

You have to go into the boot menu in Bios and first see if the various boot devices are enabled? Also disable fast boot for the time being if enabled. You should also see if your new hard drive is recognized by the PC and is in the list of devices available. Could be that the cable isn't attached fully.

Do you see the computer boot from the pendrive or DVD? If no, either the device is wrongly configured in the Bios, the device is not working properly or the media Win 7 has been corrupted on the device. How did you create the bootable media? Is it downloaded or an original DVD?

Let me know for further help,

David

Italy

HP Recommended
Ciao David.

Windows 7 é una copia dell'originale.

Ho provato con tutti e due ma non ne vuole sapere.Mi dice:dispositivo di avvio non trovato.

Il cavo é nuovo ed ho provato a sostituirlo con un'altro,anche lui nuovo ma non funziona.

L'avvio veloce é abilitato.

Il supporto legacy é abilitato

Il secure boot é disabilitato.

L'ssd é nuovo,un toshiba da 428 Gb.Ho provato con un kingstom da 128 Gb che usavo sul vecchio Pc e funzionava,ma nemmeno questo viene individuato.

HP Recommended

Ciao,

Disabbilità l'avvio veloce.

Viene individuato il disco Win 7? Quando hai fatto la copia di Win 7 l'hai fatto con un immagine, cioè hai fatto un disco "bootabile"?

Se non viene individuato il disco Win 7 il problema non è con SSD ma con il disco di Win 7. Hai ancora l'iso o una product key? Perchè anche senza alcun disco fisso attacato dovrebbe partire il disco di installazione di win 7.

Nel bios, nel boot order vedi il dispositivo DVD nella lista? Delle volte deve essere abilitato lo boot da dvd.

Fammi sapere,

David

HP Recommended
Ho provato anche con un dvd di Windows Xp originale ma non parte..inizia caricare la prima schermata e poi mi dice "dispositivo di avvio non trovato".

La copia,fatta per averne una in caso di problemi,é stata creata da un'immagine Iso.

Ma neanche con il dvd originale mi parte.

Più tardi disabilito l'avvio veloce e vediamo se cambia qualcosa.

É la prima volta che mi capita una cosa del genere.

Sui pc precedenti collegavo l'ssd,modificavo l'ordine di avvio e facevo partire da Dvd e si installava.

Su questo non arrivo.
HP Recommended
Nel bios ho impostato Cd/dvd per primo e si vede...l'ssd é attaccato ma non lo vedo.
Trovo solo scritto usb Hd.
HP Recommended

Vedi se c'è anche una voce CSM nel Bios da abilitare (Compatibility support module)

Ciao,

David

HP Recommended
Non c'è nessuna voce CSM

Ora ho messo avvio rapido disabilitato.

Dopo 30 secondi mi appre questa scritta:

Windows has encountered a problem comunicating with a device connected to Your computer.
This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use,or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing.Make sure any removanle storage is properly connected and then restart Your computer.

If you continue to receive this error Message,contact the hardware manufacturer.

Info:An unexpected I/O error has occurred.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.