Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, thank you for taking the time to look at my question.

I have a hp z600 (stock) workstation that i want to upgrade with a new GPU (graphic card)

I want to place a Nvidea GTX 9XX gpu card in my workstation (mostly for gaming)

i can't find mutch information about a upgrade like this for the z600.

only to watch out for power consumption and space.

So my question for all you fine folks :Wink:  does someone have experiance in replacing the stock GPU for a 

nvidea GTX(XXX) gpu ?  If you have experiance of any upgrade of any GTX card the information would sure help me out.

Thank you,

Greetings Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

D3Nv3R, welcome to the forum.

Here is an overview of the computer.  It shows the video cards that are supported by the motherboard.  It doesn't say anything about nVidia GTX cards.  They require UEFI in the motherboard instead of a standard BIOS.  I doubt that your motherboard has UEFI because of the age.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

D3Nv3R, welcome to the forum.

Here is an overview of the computer.  It shows the video cards that are supported by the motherboard.  It doesn't say anything about nVidia GTX cards.  They require UEFI in the motherboard instead of a standard BIOS.  I doubt that your motherboard has UEFI because of the age.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi There

Im running a NVIDA Geforce gtx 1050ti and a tesla K8.

and all seems to run well hope this helps.

HP Recommended

I'm running a GTX 1060 6GB.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.