Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6005 Pro SFF PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am going to build a new computer and would like to put my mobo in the new case until i get my new hardware..Will it work? Also can i use any am3 cpu with the stock mobo that only draws 95w or less?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello wanasemlike,

This is the information of the latest processor your computer supports.

AMD Athlon II X4 605e processor (2.3 GHz, 2MB L2 cache, HT bus 3.0).

About the mother board transfer, this mobo comes in a small form factor PC  so you have to be careful selecting the case you are going to use.

Regards

I am an HP employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

hi Wanaseemlike,

About the mobo's tranfers, of course you can do it.

You just need to verify that your mobo fits on the new case you are using.

About the other question, could you please provide me your product number so i can look for it..?

Regards,

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

SG972UC#ABA  ..HP Compaq 6005 Pro SFF PC  ... I thought hp and others used certain mobos that wouldnt fit in news cases (like from frys electronics)..i would like a 6 core if i could use it...how ever it turns out,thank you for the reply...Mike C

HP Recommended

Hello wanasemlike,

This is the information of the latest processor your computer supports.

AMD Athlon II X4 605e processor (2.3 GHz, 2MB L2 cache, HT bus 3.0).

About the mother board transfer, this mobo comes in a small form factor PC  so you have to be careful selecting the case you are going to use.

Regards

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Can you tell me what you would do first ? Change the cpu to the AMD Athlon II X4 605e processor , or add more ram,i have 4 gb i can go to 16gb..My computer slows down and kinda freezes up to 20 or 30 seconds sometimes when im streaming music and looking at live radar.surfing .Can you suggest anything that might help..

HP Recommended

Hi wanaseemike,

in this case as you want to upgrade your processor you will need more Ram.

I suggest to add more ram to you computer first of all.

The maximum ram for your computer is 16 GB SDRAM DDR3

please let me know if you need anything else.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for telling me that..Im trying now to find the quickest ddr3 i can use on this board,and then transfer it to a new board when i get it..

HP Recommended

Great 🙂

Hope you can upgrade your computer as soon as you can :generic:

Please let me know if you need something else.

Regards.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

My hp 6005 uses AMD Phenom II X4 B97 3.2 GHz

This should work with updated BIOS

Used ones are for sale on ebay

falcon

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.