Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (2,214 Views)

Unlocking H-ALVORIX_HF-RS880-uATX to overclock

[ Edited ]

Hi there, I've been having a bit of trouble finding a way to overclock with this mobo ( H-ALVORIX_HF-RS880-uATX ), as the bios is locked.

Does HP offer an unlocked mobo bios driver that I could flash?

Does anyone know of a foxconn driver that would work that I could flash and where it could be found? The foxconn website doesn't seem to acknowledge that they made this mobo.

Does anyone know any good softclock utilities for this MOBO? I have tried like 5 with no success. Setfsb supports it on its shareware version but I don't think they provide registration keys anymore {Content Removed}

Is there a hardware switch that unlocks the mobo and bios?

Please refrain from posting about how I could compromise my system, I understand the risks involved.

Thanks!

TRS

PhD Student
Message 2 of 8 (2,150 Views)

Re: Unlocking H-ALVORIX_HF-RS880-uATX to overclock

Sorry, but one cannot overclock that HP customized motherboard.  Attempting to modify the BIOS with non-HP approved BIOS files will only result in disaster.

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (2,138 Views)

[ Edited ]

trsfixit wrote:

Please refrain from posting about how I could compromise my system, I understand the risks involved.

Clearly it can at the very least be softclocked as setfsb is capable of doing so.

PhD Student
Message 4 of 8 (2,125 Views)

Please don't come into a HP owned forum expecting someone to offer a hack to modify a proprietary HP BIOS - ain't gonna happen!

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Message 5 of 8 (2,103 Views)

HP Suppresses customer innovation; Got it.

*writes down reminder in customer satisfaction book.*

Student
Message 6 of 8 (706 Views)

Really? My computer is owned by me, I shall do to it whatever I please regardless of what HP wants me to do with it. I did not spend the thousand bucks so HP could tell me what I could change in MY computer. Will be the last HP I purchase, if they don't want people messing with it then they should have made it function better to begin with. I don't want a computer that will last for 10 years because in 10 years it will be absolutely useless. So when I need a new PC in a few more years I'll be going in a direction opposite of HP!

Student
Message 7 of 8 (226 Views)

ok

Message 8 of 8 (221 Views)

Hi!

I have closed this thread to help keep the comments timely. If you have more to add, please start a new thread. Click here if you want to learn more about how to start a new conversation/thread.

It may also be helpful if you posted a few more details about your computer/printer and your issues.

1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.

If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you!"

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation