Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion p6787
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings to all,

I have HP Pavilion p6787 c-b {with dual monitors}, microprocessor AMD phenom(tm) II X 4 840T Processor, system board is 2A92 1.01 and BIOS 6.09

I recently upgard the hard drive to SamSung 850 EVO 500 GB.   

I do have two quick questions please:

a. Is the motherboard compitable with data cable SATA 6.0 GBPS?  I read that the lack of optimization is due to the orginal data cable.

b. Is it possible for that motherboard to handle both the new SSD and the old Hard drives internally?  

Sorry for all these simple questions.  This is my first time to look inside the box. 

Thank you,  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

1. SATA III is backward compatible with SATA II therefore the answer is yes but it runs at SATA II speed.

2. The answer is yes.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

1. SATA III is backward compatible with SATA II therefore the answer is yes but it runs at SATA II speed.

2. The answer is yes.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The HP6787c model is an AMD 785G chip.  The six SATA header are all version SATA2 (300GB/sec). Using the 6GB data cable does nothing to help the system.  The headers will allow you to add data drives.  Suggestion: Adding the newer AF SATA 6GB/sec, like the ST1000DM003 (which has a 32MB buffer),  will increase data performance.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.