Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Anytime, Richard.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Sorry we couldn't figure this puzzle out.

HP Recommended

Paul I think I know why that diagnostic3in1  tool didn't work I checked the Bios Excel index file in there and the HP compaq 8300 or any 8000 series are  not listed neither is a hp 3397 mother board so thats why it didn't work.Any Idea why it won't recognize a usd ?

HP Recommended

What I think you can try if you haven't done so already, would be to go into the BIOS, set it to its defaults, restart the PC and see if you can then pick up the USB flash drive.

The other day, I wanted to test boot a W7 installation flash drive I made in my 8200 Elite CMT.

No matter what I did, the PC did not see or boot from the W7 installation flash drive.

I have a 2nd 8200 Elite that I use as a test PC and when I put the W7 flash drive in that one, it saw it in the boot options menu and booted from it with no problem.

So before I wrote my main 8200 Elite off as having a motherboard problem, just for the heck of it, I set the BIOS to its defaults, restarted the PC and logged into Windows.

Then I plugged the W7 installation flash drive back in and restarted the PC.

Lo and behold, there is was.

Saw the flash drive and booted from it with no problem.

I will have to disagree with you regarding that 3 in 1 tool. 

I have no problem booting from it and running any diagnostic test I want on my 8200 elite, and it is good for almost any HP PC according to the file information.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78883.html

HP Recommended

I've been reading many thing one I came across is pressing the Cmos reset button to revert to the factory Bios to fix the recognition problem I tried down loading the 3in 1 tool and the computer won't boot from it that was just aguess after looking at the excel file. tks

HP Recommended

The 3 in 1 tool works fine for me.

You downloaded it and ran the program and it asked you for the drive letter of the USB flash drive to format, correct?

Then you entered the drive letter, and it formatted the drive, copied files to it and made it bootable, correct?

Then for me, I plugged it into the USB port, restarted the PC, tapped the ESC key, selected the USB flash drive and hit the enter key.

It booted from the drive, loaded some files and then came up with a screen to enter the CSO number (Customer Service Order Number).

You can enter any number you want.  I just typed 123456

Then it asks for the salesman number.  Again I typed 123456.

Then it loaded some more files and gave me 3 options to choose from.

I chose the diagnostics option and then it gave me several different test options.

I ran a couple just to see what it did.

It passed whatever tests I ran.  I did the processor and network because I knew those would probably be short tests.

HP Recommended

Ok I'm going to try it a third time what about pussing the Cmos reset button to reset the Bios to Factory to see if that fixes anything?

HP Recommended

Yes, I recommend you do that.

To do it properly, you need to shut down and unplug the PC.

Also, you have to remove everything connected to the PC...keyboard, monitor, mouse, printer, network cable...everything.

Press the power button to discharge any residual electricity from the motherboard.

Press and hold the yellow CMOS reset button for 20 - 30 seconds.

Then hook everything back up.

HP Recommended

down loads almost finish i'll try it again if it doesn't load I'll try threset.Let you know what happens

HP Recommended

It worked this time the 3in 1 open but can't get the bIOS updater to work& did the Cmos reset no change still won't down load from a usb shows  same bios K01 V2.05 05/07/12 don't know what else to do how does the bios upder work I tried it using my mother board #3397 and product hp Cmpaq 8300 elite sff nothing happens

HP Recommended

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=1600+mhz+memory+installed+only+running+at+1333mhz&&view=detail&...

This is how to fix the MHZ running spped But I don't know how to get into my BIOS settings it looks like 1333mhz is the default setting jus need to be ammended in Bios

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.