Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Thats the same as before usb is unreadable tks

HP Recommended

OK, then the only other suggestion I can offer would be this...

1. Temporarily turn off the UAC

To do that, see this link...

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-turn-off-and-disable-uac-in-windows-10/

2.  After you restart the PC run the HPQ flash as administrator.

To run as administrator, right click on the HPQ flash exe file and select Run as administrator.

HP Recommended

I had tried that earlier but hadn't restared or run as adminstrator well that didn't work either I did however down load 2.90 and it flashed then I thought that maybe they need to be installed in order but no I still get the same error message headed by title "user account control This app has been blocked for your protection an adminstrator has blocked this app publisher unknown".I chatted with HP support they didn't have an answer but suggested that it was an OS problem because HP didn't install windows10.Oh well I'll keep trying at least I'm up to 2.90 and and the mhz has not changed from 1333 which i think is a default as the progam you sent me earlier HWINO64 shows the installed RAM as 1600 12800

HP Recommended

I finally put my old hard drive back in the computer the one with back block It had an old edition of windows and virus program wasn't active had no problem flashing 2.99 and 3.04 so it was  either Bitfinder or the newest  edition of windows !!! tks for all your help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That's good news.

I couldn't figure out why you couldn't update the BIOS.

HP Recommended

Jumping in, extremely "late in the game" ....  (probably in the "post-game" talking-heads-sportscasters time) ...

> I had down loaded sp73099(BIOS 2.99) and sp77888(BIOS 3.04) 

In Windows 10, use "File Explorer" to open the 'C:\SWSETUP' folder.

Then, open either the 'SP73099' or the 'SP77888' folder.

Look for an '.exe' file ("Application").

Click on that object with the second (usually the right-side) mouse-button, and choose "Run As Administrator", to see if this method "unblocks" that message from UAC (User Account Control).

HP Recommended

512-rear chassi fan not detected

Product Name: hp 8200 elite SFF
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded a hp 6000 pro sff by changing out the mother board for a hp 636926-001 hp 8200 sff because there was no slot for a graphic card everything booted well but I keep getting an error message 512-rear chassis fan not detected.press F1 to boot.The fan is working great and so is the computer & i did an Bios up grade to V02.29 and when I checked HP help it gave me an answer Pin 10 on front cable connector may need repair but everything was working fine on the hp 6000 MBoard I checked all conections but can't find a problem any Ideas or was down loading the Bios upgrade the problem?how can I delete the error message?

Paul could you look at this?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know why that is happening.

My understanding is these models use the same case and power supply, so everything should have matched right up.

HP Recommended

> rear chassis fan not detected.press F1 to boot. The fan is working great.

Some computers have both a "rear chassis fan" and a "CPU fan".  Does yours?

Check the wires that run from the labelled connectors on the motherboard.

One connector will be labelled "chassis" and one will be labelled "CPU".

Make sure that a fan is connected to the "chassis" connector.

HP Recommended

yes I've done that and yes it has both fans and both are wothing and all wiring connected properly I have two other 8300 HPs wiring is the same and verifired

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.