Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 550-151na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
What would you recommend, I bought this as my first PC and I am under the understanding I can't upgrade my GPU because of the PSU won't be able to handle it so what would work with this PC? I'll be doing it when I can but I'd like to know. If I can't I will return the PC when it arrives and buy an Alienware Dell PC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That desktop PC has a uATX PSU with a output capacity of 180 Watts. That is not enough to power a gaming PCIe x16 video card. The uATX PSU  also has no PCIe connectors for a video card.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

That desktop PC has a uATX PSU with a output capacity of 180 Watts. That is not enough to power a gaming PCIe x16 video card. The uATX PSU  also has no PCIe connectors for a video card.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Would you recommend me returning it, and buying something else then? I wanted it to game mostly and as I say it hasn't been delivered yet and PC World has a policy if it's unopened then I'm able to do so
HP Recommended

If you want to run games at least as graphically demanding as Witcher, Fallout and Rainbow six, then you need a real gaming PC.

The 550-151na can't even run my old favorite Borderlands 2.

My current HP product loan Omen 15-5000 CTO notebook can run all of those aforementioned games with ease. Its a beast!

HP Recommended
Alright brother, thanks for the help saved me a bunch of money there. I searched it under gaming PC's so I wasn't sure to much and bought it. I know pretty silly but lesson learnt and least I can get my money back to get something else
HP Recommended

You're welcome. Happy Gaming!

🙂

HP Recommended

did you get a different pc then?

HP Recommended

@ADAMaim wrote:

did you get a different pc then?

@ADAMaim

This thread is from 2015.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.