Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 500-201a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, I would like to upgrade the video card in this HP PC but I think there is limited room.  I am thinking along the lines of a 750ti which is about as close to the physical measurements of the factory card installed.  I would of course upgrade to an appropriate PSU.

Thanks

Brad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Cebos, welcome to the forum.

I believe this EVGA GTX 750Ti should fit into the space with no problems.  If you don't want this card, you can measure from the Back I/O port to the front of the case where the card will be installed to see if another card will fit.  The main thing is to assure there is enough space to provide for good airflow.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Cebos, welcome to the forum.

I believe this EVGA GTX 750Ti should fit into the space with no problems.  If you don't want this card, you can measure from the Back I/O port to the front of the case where the card will be installed to see if another card will fit.  The main thing is to assure there is enough space to provide for good airflow.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

Its not so much the length of the card (so much) theres a square heat on the mb just below the pci e slot and the fact that most of those cards take double slots

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Cebos.  Here is a diagram of the motherboard:

HP Mobo.PNG

Which of the two items in yellow are you concerned about?

HP Recommended

Hi again, the bigger one, thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi again, iv gone ahead and ordered one, also I was wondering about the double spacing of the card. thanks brad

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Cebos

I don't believe that you will have any problem with a double space card.  There is a PCI Express x1 slot in-line with the heat sink.  So, I believe that a card in that space would cover it.  I would appreciate hearing how the card works that you bought.

HP Recommended

HI again friend, one last question, minimum power supply is 300w for this card, which is what is in this computer, needs 20amps on the 12v, wonder if this psu will run it as the card doesnt require a separate plug.

HP Recommended

Its in, fitted easy 🙂  Also decided to give the stock 300w (28ish (i think) in total 12v amp) PSU a try as it just scrapes in minimums and its been up and running a few hours now and played a few 3d games, seems fine thanks for your help.

Brad

New Zealand

HP Recommended

You are very welconme, @Cebos.  I am glad that everything worked out for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.