Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 110-352na Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Im trying to buy a new graphics card which is ASUS STRIX R9 380 OC Gaming Graphics Card for this computer: HP 110-352na Desktop PC. Right now I am using AMD Radeon HD 8400 / R3 Series. I pretty much want to know if the Asus graphics card fits in and if it will work properly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Your PC ships with an external 65 watt laptop power supply. I don't think it is possible to upgrade to an internal power supply due to chassis limitations.

Tha Asus graphics card alone requires up to 225 watts just to power the card.

Jay

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Your PC ships with an external 65 watt laptop power supply. I don't think it is possible to upgrade to an internal power supply due to chassis limitations.

Tha Asus graphics card alone requires up to 225 watts just to power the card.

Jay

HP Recommended

Ok thank you but I wanted to ask another question if I can buy any power supply like the CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 Fixed ATX PSU - 430 W and then will I be able to upgrade the graphics card since now I will have 430 W.

HP Recommended

Hi Xandio,

Only you can answer this question.

Look at the back of your tower. There is probably no cut out where an internal power supply would fit and secure to the chassis.

More importantly, you have no PCIe x16 expansion slots on the motherboard. You need one of these to install the card.

Sorry, you simply cannot customize or add internal components to this PC.

Jay

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.