Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Here's the finished product. I got the Corsair Carbide 400R, which is a bit of overkill with the microATX, but I plan to expand in the future. One of the things I like about it is that it keeps the bulk of the cables behind main wall, in a compartment accessible by the other panel. It's nice and neat, plent of room to expande, and comes with 3 fans already installed.

In the stock case, I was still getting higher heat numbers with the 1070. It's a reference card, so it has the design clock and blower style cooling, but I run it at 4K resolution/60hz on my Samsung UHD monitor. Additionally, my games all run high detail. The case was a helful solution to keeping those better under control, as well as modifying the cards fan curve.

I currently have my PSU drawing from outside the case (pointed down), as the case also has dust filters.

20160711_003331.jpg

HP Recommended

Thank you, @Drifterx311.  This is a great lookin build.  I don't think the case is overkill at all.  I have always said, the more room the better.  It keeps the system cool and that is what counts.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I cant see the picture yet? I guess a mod has to approve it. 

HP Recommended

@FattysGoneWild  It is there to view.  I saw it before I posted.

HP Recommended

Still seeing the blank triangle. Picture attached.

hp.JPG

HP Recommended

@FattysGoneWild  Here is a copy of the picture:

Capture2.PNG

HP Recommended

@Drifterx311 wrote:

Here's the finished product. I got the Corsair Carbide 400R, which is a bit of overkill with the microATX, but I plan to expand in the future. One of the things I like about it is that it keeps the bulk of the cables behind main wall, in a compartment accessible by the other panel. It's nice and neat, plent of room to expande, and comes with 3 fans already installed.

In the stock case, I was still getting higher heat numbers with the 1070. It's a reference card, so it has the design clock and blower style cooling, but I run it at 4K resolution/60hz on my Samsung UHD monitor. Additionally, my games all run high detail. The case was a helful solution to keeping those better under control, as well as modifying the cards fan curve.

I currently have my PSU drawing from outside the case (pointed down), as the case also has dust filters.

20160711_003331.jpg

Excellent. Thanks so much for posting the picture! Couple of questions for you. I might go with that same case. I really like it. My concern is the power switch. Any issues? How did you know what pins to connect to? Also. I have the HP liquid cooling solution. Would it mount okay in that case? Picture attached. 4790K and 1080.

HP Recommended
What case did you buy? Do you know what that thin black wire that has two small ends that look circular that connect to? They got disconnected when I swapped psu out to install the gtx 1080 i would like to know what they goto so I can know whether me leaving them unplugged is doing anything or not..
HP Recommended

@Sellvegas wrote:
What case did you buy? Do you know what that thin black wire that has two small ends that look circular that connect to? They got disconnected when I swapped psu out to install the gtx 1080 i would like to know what they goto so I can know whether me leaving them unplugged is doing anything or not..

That is for your wireless card. 

HP Recommended

thanks now I think about it that looks like it should be exactly right - only time i've seen such similiar things was on a wifi antenna thing.  Thanks so much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.