Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavillon p7-1414

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/P7-1414-and-GTX-750-Ti-SC-proble...

As you can see in this thread, my computer won't get full performance of GTX 750ti due to my pci slots.  So even if i upgrade my psu to 500watt, I still won't get GTX 750 ti's full performance. So in order to get full performance,  do i have to get a new motherboard that supports GTX 750 ti's PCI slots ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Your PC meets the minimum power supply requirements of 300 watts.

Your PC has the UEFI BIOS required to run the 750Ti. Your BIOS version 8.xx supports UEFI graphics cards.

Your PC has an PCIe x16 2.0 slot. The 750Ti will run in a 2.0 slot, but at a slightly lower throughput. It is not as slow as you would think. A 3.0 card runs nicely in a 2.0 slot.

The 750 will fit in your case as evidenced by the successful physical installation of the card described in the link to the other user thread in your post.

No additional six pin or eight pin power connections are required to run the 750Ti.

I am running a GTX 970 in a 2.0 slot and it works great.

You need to enter BIOS (Setup) to disable secure boot and enable legacy boot before installing the 750 in the slot. You also have to uninstall the current graphics drivers before you install the new graphics card. You have to get back to the generic windows graphics drivers before you install the GTX 750Ti.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Your PC meets the minimum power supply requirements of 300 watts.

Your PC has the UEFI BIOS required to run the 750Ti. Your BIOS version 8.xx supports UEFI graphics cards.

Your PC has an PCIe x16 2.0 slot. The 750Ti will run in a 2.0 slot, but at a slightly lower throughput. It is not as slow as you would think. A 3.0 card runs nicely in a 2.0 slot.

The 750 will fit in your case as evidenced by the successful physical installation of the card described in the link to the other user thread in your post.

No additional six pin or eight pin power connections are required to run the 750Ti.

I am running a GTX 970 in a 2.0 slot and it works great.

You need to enter BIOS (Setup) to disable secure boot and enable legacy boot before installing the 750 in the slot. You also have to uninstall the current graphics drivers before you install the new graphics card. You have to get back to the generic windows graphics drivers before you install the GTX 750Ti.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Thank you for very detailed answers 

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome.

Enjoy your new graphics card.

Jay

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.