Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

What do the different SATA colors mean on the Violet motherboard?

There is yellow , blue , light blue and white.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

The colors help identify what sata port it is rather than reading the teeny white lettering on the motherboard.

But if you look at the picture below, you will see that the ports are numbered in the black and white diagram.

The hard drive goes into the SATA 1 port (dark blue).

I believe the DVD drive if applicable goes into the SATA 3 port (light blue).

A second hard drive goes into the SATA 2 port (white).

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please state the product number for your PC.

Some of HP's motherboards may only have black and red colors for the SATA connectors. Some motherboards use black for SATA port 0.  Some have only white and black .The color coding is definitely not consistent although the newer motherboards are better at using the same colors for the same port numbers. 

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion p6130F with a (Violet) M2N78-LA.  Product #NY463AA. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

These specifications posted by HP should provide you with the information that you require.

Gee Paul, great guess.Smiley Wink

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.