Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h8-1150z CTO D
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Which USB-3 PCI card (make & model) would be compatible with my computer?   Are there any which should be avoided?   Can the card just be installed or are there other changes/upgrades required to cause it to work properly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Any that are supported by your OS and conform to PCI-e.

Here are your specs:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03117539

I don't see the amount of PCI slots in the internal connections, but the graphic clearly shows three PCIx1 and if one is open, you can pop-in a card.

I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Any that are supported by your OS and conform to PCI-e.

Here are your specs:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03117539

I don't see the amount of PCI slots in the internal connections, but the graphic clearly shows three PCIx1 and if one is open, you can pop-in a card.

I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended

Any card which mounts into your available expansion slots should work. You have the following expansion slots according to your PC specs found here.

PCI Express x16: 1

PCI Express x1: 3

I have found little difference in the performance of these expansion cards by manufacturer. There are many different port numbers and combinations available for the differing card slots though. I personally only use USB3 connections for a few devices and still use the USB2s for power only needs. I use this card (link), and have had no problems.

I work on behalf of HP, but my opinions are my own.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. If both apply......do both.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.