Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6230f Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I just moved to Italy.   I had my HP Pavilion p6230f Desktop shipped here from the US with my other household goods, and now I am unsure of exactly what I need to plug it into Italian eletricity.  Do I need a transformer, or simply an adapter.  (Or, since I can't find the power cord from the US because I think I threw it away, simply a new power cord.)  I am uncertain about the electric specs on my computer.   

The label on my computer  states the following (in the format shown):

AC Input         100-127 V-6 A

50/60 HZ      200-240  V-3A.

This could mean that it will work on Italian 220V/50 HZ, or it could mean that I have V-6 A and it will not work on a transformer.  

If I need a transformer, what are the electrical specs on the transformer that I need?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Check the back of the PC near where the plug goes in.

Is there a red switch to change from 110v to 220v?

If so, just flip the switch to 220v, and buy the correct plug you need.

You may need a small screw driver to flip the switch.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

#HPExpertDay

Yes, it would work. All you nned is an adaptor for the plug type.

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi:

Check the back of the PC near where the plug goes in.

Is there a red switch to change from 110v to 220v?

If so, just flip the switch to 220v, and buy the correct plug you need.

You may need a small screw driver to flip the switch.

HP Recommended

The specs on the power supply that you have in your post do confirm that it will work in Italy.  The power supply can work with both US and European electricity.   A word of caution though.  On the power supply , you may or may not have a small red switch with a white number on it located near where the power cord goes. If there is a red switch  you will have to move it to the 230 volt setting.  If the number 115 is showing DO NOT plug the pc in until it has been switched  over to 230.  Plugging a 115 volt device into 230 will damage the power supply permanently.   First make sure the PC is unplugged,  then  take a small flat headed screwdriver , press into the notch on the switch and slide it over to the 230 volt setting. It will say 230 on the switch once it has been moved to the correct position.   Some power supplies switch voltage automatically  and do not have the switch. If there is no switch make absolutely sure that the label on the computer says 100-127V 6A, 200-240V 3A 50/60 HZ.   The other thing you will need is an adapter for the plug on your power cord that fits the electrical outlets used  in Italy.

Hope this helps

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.