Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I know this thread is a little old, but I got this working. I had two flash drives that I knew were bootable and even booted on Z200 workstations, but I could not get them to boot on the Z210's.

I eventually updated the BIOS firmware to version 1.47. You can get it at the link below. I still couldn't get the Z210 to automatically boot from the USB, but at least I could go into the F9 menu and boot from the USB there.

Firmware:

HP Z210 Convertible Minitower Workstation Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Support

Extract the files and copy J51_0147.bin to a USB drive

Boot into BIOS (F10)

File > Flash BIOS

Select USB Drive and that file

HP Recommended

@adaml0909 wrote:

I know this thread is a little old, but I got this working. I had two flash drives that I knew were bootable and even booted on Z200 workstations, but I could not get them to boot on the Z210's.

I eventually updated the BIOS firmware to version 1.47. You can get it at the link below. I still couldn't get the Z210 to automatically boot from the USB, but at least I could go into the F9 menu and boot from the USB there.

Thanks for replying, but unfortunately I already had the BIOS updated to 1.47 and still can't boot from USB. I've long since given up on it.

HP Recommended

I was able to get this to boot by simply resetting to default settings in the bios. Not sure which setting(s) were changed by doing that. I wish I would have compared.

HP Recommended

So, I ran into this issue again. Tried my previous steps of upgrading the BIOS, and it still didn't work. I did what RatherbeOutdoor suggested and reset all settings to default. That worked!

HP Recommended

is certainly does work. 

HP Recommended

I am having all of these same problems with my Z200. I am trying to load with FreeNAS but it will not boot from the bootable USB. I have even tried updating the BIOS as you suggested but it will not show the files after I enter USB. Every tutorial I have seen shows options that do not exist in my system such as disable safe boot.

System BIOS:786H3 v01.09

Intel Xeon X3440 @ 2.53GHz

4G DDR3

Starts with this when try to boot from USBStarts with this when try to boot from USBEnds with this screenEnds with this screen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.