Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 27 p075na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just taken delivery of my AIO, everything fine except integrated memory card reader does not work.

Inserting a card causes no change in user interface and nothing is shown in device manager.

Not good for a new PC.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi all,

Spent an hour with Dominic from online support but no Joy.

He recommended a system restore but there doesn't seem to be a factory prepared restore partition - which is an issue.

Anyway, while getting ready to create a USB recovery media, I tried the memory card in my works laptop which reported that the card needed to be formated then that windows couldn't format it. Strange as both my old Lenovo and USB memory card reader work fine.

Found a new, unused card and it works!

Seems there is something strange about the two cards I have tried before, possibly due to the camera formatting them first?

Thanks for the support, off to create restore media now...........

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Not good at all...

The only suggestion I can offer would be to reinstall the Realtek card reader driver, restart the PC and see if that resolves the issue.

This package provides the Realtek PCIe Card Reader Driver (RTS5229) for supported models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71634.exe

If it doesn't, I'd take the PC back if the store will accept returns.

Otherwise you will have to contact HP technical support for assistance since this is a peer to peer forum.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I'll try the drivers you suggest the contact support if it still doesn't work.

Best regards,

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Spent an hour with Dominic from online support but no Joy.

He recommended a system restore but there doesn't seem to be a factory prepared restore partition - which is an issue.

Anyway, while getting ready to create a USB recovery media, I tried the memory card in my works laptop which reported that the card needed to be formated then that windows couldn't format it. Strange as both my old Lenovo and USB memory card reader work fine.

Found a new, unused card and it works!

Seems there is something strange about the two cards I have tried before, possibly due to the camera formatting them first?

Thanks for the support, off to create restore media now...........

HP Recommended

That is good news.

Glad it wasn't the PC that had the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.