Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
dc7800mt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can't seem to find drivers for a dc7800 upgraded to Windows 10 64b for the PCI Simple Communications Controller and PCI Serial Port devices.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, I'm still around, and yes, I know what drivers you need...:smileyhappy:

You need this one for the PCI Simple Communications Controller:

This package contains the Intel Active Client Manager Host Embedded Controller Interface (HECI) device driver for the supported desktop models and operating systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46001-46500/sp46137.exe

PCI Serial Port:

This package contains the Intel Local Management Service (LMS) and Serial-over-LAN (SOL) support for Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) for the supported desktop models and operating systems. This software is part of the Intel Digital Office Initiative.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46001-46500/sp46134.exe

And allow me to give you a bonus tip...Install the W7 ADI Soundmax audio driver.

I found that works much better than the one that W10 installed.

You install it, then enable multi-streaming in the adi control panel, restart again and go to manage sound devices in the control panel, and select the PC speakers, but of course installing the W7 audio driver is optional, and that is up to you...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, I'm still around, and yes, I know what drivers you need...:smileyhappy:

You need this one for the PCI Simple Communications Controller:

This package contains the Intel Active Client Manager Host Embedded Controller Interface (HECI) device driver for the supported desktop models and operating systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46001-46500/sp46137.exe

PCI Serial Port:

This package contains the Intel Local Management Service (LMS) and Serial-over-LAN (SOL) support for Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) for the supported desktop models and operating systems. This software is part of the Intel Digital Office Initiative.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46001-46500/sp46134.exe

And allow me to give you a bonus tip...Install the W7 ADI Soundmax audio driver.

I found that works much better than the one that W10 installed.

You install it, then enable multi-streaming in the adi control panel, restart again and go to manage sound devices in the control panel, and select the PC speakers, but of course installing the W7 audio driver is optional, and that is up to you...

HP Recommended

Paul, You're amazing!  Perfect!  I don't know how you do it, but I'm glad you do!  I've even tried adding the sound driver, though I haven't found the right one yet.  So far installs fail, but I will do it.  Thank you so very, very much!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

This is the one I used...

This package contains the driver for the ADI High-Definition (HD) Audio CODEC in the supported desktop models and operating systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45615.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.