Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
p7-1534 HP Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have ordered another solid state but I want to replace the one I presently have or can both work together to make more space in my Disk C? I have ordered a Crucial MX 300 2.5  525GB to be installed in this PC.  Right now, it has a solid state  Scan Disk Ultra 480GB.  Would this be a smart move or foolish---please let me know before its installed.      Thank you,

Martin Clearman

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your machine has 1TB of pre-installed HDD

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03673337

Probably you swapped once or added one. From 480GB to 525GB is just a very small increase, why you have to do that ? Your machine has TWO HDD bays

Computer Case
ATX
  • Height: 39.4 cm (15.55 inches)

• Width: 17.5 cm (6.89 inches)

• Depth: 40.9 cm (16.14 inches)

• Weight: 10.9 Kg (24.03 lbs) - without packaging

Bay size                                                                                 Total Bays*
13.33 cm (5.25 inch) ODD
8.89 cm (3.5 inch) HDD
* Bays may be occupied by existing hardware.

I don't know exactly how many physical drives on your machine now

(a) If only 480GB SSD, you can add 525GB to the second bay,

(b) if already has 1TB HDD and 480GB SSD, you have no room.

Please let me konw and post back. It still has a spare ODD bay.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.