Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-1414
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought a Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti and already connected it to my mother board. My issue is that it is not finding the compatible hardware for the card (not sure I'm wording it right)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @Ky2Quick,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are having issues with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti card you have installed.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Looking at the GeForce GTX 560 Ti Specifications  and comparing to the HP Pavilion p7-1414 Desktop PC Product Specifications

Your system has:

Internal 300W (100V-240V)

1 PCI Express x16 (Gen 2.0) 

The Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti card needs:

Minimum System Power Requirement: 500 W

Supplementary Power Connectors:     Two 6-pin

Bus Support                                      PCI-E 2.0 x 16

So the most obvious issue is going to be the power supply. You would want to have at minimum a 500 W power supply installed in your computer, and more would be better.

Please let me know whether helps, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi there @Ky2Quick,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are having issues with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti card you have installed.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Looking at the GeForce GTX 560 Ti Specifications  and comparing to the HP Pavilion p7-1414 Desktop PC Product Specifications

Your system has:

Internal 300W (100V-240V)

1 PCI Express x16 (Gen 2.0) 

The Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti card needs:

Minimum System Power Requirement: 500 W

Supplementary Power Connectors:     Two 6-pin

Bus Support                                      PCI-E 2.0 x 16

So the most obvious issue is going to be the power supply. You would want to have at minimum a 500 W power supply installed in your computer, and more would be better.

Please let me know whether helps, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.