Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

my device manager shows my disk drive as a

TOSHIBA MK6476GSX SATA Disk Device  im not sure the size but in my computer the C drive is about  575GB and my D Is 20.1 and hp  tools  f is 99 mb. im not sure if im suppose to add all those up or go by the c drive only.  im trying to contact hp to see if they could replace my hdd when it goes too bad to use but id like a starting price on that so i know if its wiser to get things fixed or shop for a new laptop .

i have a

pavilion g6-2123us notebook

product number B5A04UA

windows 7 64 bit sp1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you have checked the Parts Store link I included it should show the available hard drives for your model and prices for your area. If you prefer to arrange it as a repair, then for HP phone support, please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue. Once your case is create you should get the number to use to contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Incidentally, if you only have one hard drive installed which is the normal case, your hard drive size will be the sum of all the partition sizes as well as any not yet allocated space.

I hope that helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there @regularken,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! I understand that you are looking for prices  for a replacement hard drive. I am happy to help with this.

For that you can check the HP Parts Store. Be sure that the correct country is selected to find current parts and prices relevant to your area.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

If you have checked the Parts Store link I included it should show the available hard drives for your model and prices for your area. If you prefer to arrange it as a repair, then for HP phone support, please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue. Once your case is create you should get the number to use to contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Incidentally, if you only have one hard drive installed which is the normal case, your hard drive size will be the sum of all the partition sizes as well as any not yet allocated space.

I hope that helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

it worked! it showed all the products available for my model although its a large gb than i curently have  or i just dont know my gb on my current one correctly and i'm not addig all the other drives, tools and partitions like you mentioned.

669300-001  In stock  
640GB SATA hard disk drive - 5,400 RPM, 2.5-inch form factor (raw drive)        165.00
RoHS: COMPLY_2.05

my hard drive is at about 78% health according to hard disk sentinel

i hate to keep asking more questions but is it advisable to do a factory reset if my hdd is not at 100 percent health. i was

going to try to clear up some problems like corrupt files and window 7 os issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.