Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I downloaded the files. I copy the files 2 a usb stick
HP Recommended

You first have to make the usb stick bootable by reading the instuctions at the link below.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/howto-easly-flash-mb-vga-bios-using-usbstick.47812/

First you download and unzip and run sp27608 at the bottom of the above webpage. 

That will make the usb stick bootable.

Then you download, unzip and copy the contents of the bootme zip file at the bottom of the webpage without any folders.

Then you take that HP microcode update and run it.  You will see a set of instructions. 

You only copy the contents of the DOS flash folder to your usb stick, not the whole file.

When you are done with all of the above, you boot the PC from the bootable flash drive and when you see the command prompt, you type:  flashbin.exe and hit the enter key.

Then you follow the onscreen instructions to update the processor microcode table in the BIOS.

After you reboot, the error should be gone.

HP Recommended
I copy do this into 1 usb stick?
HP Recommended

You do exactly what I wrote and format one usb stick and then copy the bootme files and the contents of the dos flash folder on the usb flash drive after you run the hp usb format program to make the drive bootable.

HP Recommended
I did tht its sayng thr a no image files on the media bt it bootng into. Windows Millennium.
HP Recommended

Sorry but I won't be able to assist you further with this.

I have used this method a dozen times with 100% success.

You are not doing something right.

Maybe it's the language barrier, but there isn't anything more I can do.

You are going to have to sit down and read all the instructions on that webpage I posted and the on the microcode instruction webpage that pops up when you run the HP Microcode update file and figure it out on your own.

HP Recommended
Tnx 4 helpng ey
HP Recommended
EY bro i dd able 2 mk it boot frm the usb the thng is on the command whn i type FLASHBIN.EXE it says plz wait n then it says Note! ther a no image files on the media
HP Recommended

Are you sure you copied all of the DOS files from the microcode download?

These are the files you need.

I have attached them below.

Unzip them and put the 7 files without any folders on your bootable flash drive.

Then try again.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.