10-10-2012 11:28 PM - last edited on 10-11-2012 08:50 PM by MC_Remington
how to remove bad sector from hard disk. new desktop hp3090 purchased.the is under warranty also. please help me.
modal - HP 3090 MT DESKTOP PC
10-12-2012 07:55 AM
You can run a "Check Disk" on the hard drive to attempt to find and fix any bad sectors.
1. Click on the start orb and double click on My Computer
2. Right click on the drive you want to repair (usually the C: drive)
3. Click on the Tools tab
4. Under Error Checking click on the Check Now button
5. Tell it to "Automatically fix file system errors" and to "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors"
6. Click Start
7. You may be prompted to restart your computer do so and allow the utility to run
It could take several minutes up to several hours. Post back your results.
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
10-12-2012 08:00 AM
You need to realize what a bad sector is, so read here
Generally, a bad sector is an imperfection of the surface of the disk platter. It is usually none-recoverable.
If you want to attempt to fix, read here
Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..
Loaner: Envy Omen Windows 10 Home 64 4th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 2GB Discrete Graphics (8GB memory) 128GB SSD
Loaner: HP ENVY 8 5002 Tablet
HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
HP m9200t E8400,Win7 Pro, 4GB RAM, ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W. 1T HD
Custom Asus P8Z87D, I7-4770k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX670 2GB, 500GB HD SSD, Rosewill Blackhawk case and OCZ 750W.
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620