Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Buteruski44,

From what I have been able to gather as you probably already know, F5-F8 are keys referring the normal stop, play, fast forward, and rewind features. The F9 is the search key, F10 is the share key, F11 is the devices key, and F12 is the settings key.

Now F1-F4 look to be keys that reference the way you can adjust the display, that’s what they appear to be. I was unable to find any documentation on it, the best way to find out what those do is to press them and find out. I wish there was another way to test it honestly.  F1 may be the battery indicator key for the wireless keyboard.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
Thanks, you've been great. Kudos to you!
I don't see an 'accept solution' button,.
HP Recommended

Buteruski44,

You are welcome, if you ever have any other future questions don’t hesitate to ask.

Have a good day.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

What is the function key for the HP Envy touchsmart?  I have a small box screen and I would like it to be extended to full screen, but I don't know how to do that.  I hit a button somewhere along the way and it went to box screen.  Can you help please?

HP Recommended

What does the icons on the function keys means.  explain the use of each key.  How do I control the volume?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.