Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 570-p017c Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

https://www.costco.com/HP-Pavilion-570-p017c-Desktop---Intel-Core-i5---2GB-Graphics.product.10034410...

http://support.hp.com/hr-en/document/c05384163

I am really interested in buying this desktop see above for the link to Costco and also to HP's product information, but 180 W uATX Regular internal power supply 68% efficiency on the power supply unit is really concerning to me.  I have looked into power supply calculators and all of them have said that this isn't enough power for the computer. The computer is exactly what I am looking for but that is a very concerning aspect. is that actually a viable amount if the computer is running on full power? or should I buy a different PSU when I buy the computer?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @smileyjames.

You are correct that several of HP's models come with 180W PSU's and the information that I provided pertains to them, also.

I reviewed the specs again and they do look very good.  I am not certain how well it will work for playing intensive games, however.  You can certainly give it a try.  I normally try to be realistic when recommending any electronics when I don't know how they will be used.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@smileyjames, welcome to the forum.

Costco has many of their products made to their specifications to allow for a lower price point.  The components in the computer are designed to work with the power supply unit (PSU).  Therefore, using it for minimal daily tasks that don't require a lot of power it will work fine.  However, if you want to upgrade the computer in the future the PSU is not going to be sufficient.  Without knowing more about your needs this is the best way I can answer your question.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

mostly it would be used for photoshop. But occasionally if i wanted to play a computer game, that meets the computer's specifications, would that cause more power consumption than the computer is able to produce. this is assuming no modifications are done to the computer. i understand that i would need to buy a new PSU if i was doing any modifications. it seems MOST of the computers i have looked at on HP have had the 180W PSU, so i don't think it is just costco's specifications?? Pretty much i am trying to make sure that if i wanted to use this computer to its FULL stock capabilities, will the 180W be enough? even if i am playing an intensive game for a few hours. i hope that makes sense.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @smileyjames.

You are correct that several of HP's models come with 180W PSU's and the information that I provided pertains to them, also.

I reviewed the specs again and they do look very good.  I am not certain how well it will work for playing intensive games, however.  You can certainly give it a try.  I normally try to be realistic when recommending any electronics when I don't know how they will be used.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.