Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-1010a Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, so i have a Pavilion p7-1010a Desktop PC and i bought a GPU recently and had trouble making it work. The GPU is

MSI GTX 750 TI. You can find all the info about it from this website https://us.msi.com/Graphics-card/N750-Ti-2GD5OC.html#hero-overview.

Problem:When i put the graphics card in and booted the computer up, it got stuck on the boot up screen saying "Press ESC key for startup menu" however no matter what i pressed nothing happened, and then after around a minute or two, it proceeded into a black screen sort of like a CMD but in fullscreen, and nothing happens after that.

I have done lots of googling and tried different methods to get the GPU to work, such as taking cmos batter off and putting it back in, buying a new power supply, disabling the integrated graphics, messing with the rams, updating bios from 7.13 to 7.16 and possibly more that i forgot about. There were also methods that i could not do because my bios menu does not have much options. None of these made the slightest difference.

I have recorded a video of it to demonstrate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=camVAA4HagE

Question:  I saw on somewhere ( forgot where ) that my bios needs to be UEFI for the GPU to work, is this true? my bios says legacy. What do you recommend? Any help is appreciated thank you.

Information: 

My OS is windows 10 64-bit.

My power supply i believe used to be 300w , so i bought a new one that is better.

My new & current power supply is 750W.

here are more the details about my computer that might be required:

If the images are too small to see, right click on them and open in a new tab.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP users forum.  It seems you are not alone with the graphics card problem. HERE IS A THREAD concerning the same idea.  The EVGA line of graphics cards have made a version that can supposedly work with the problem you encountered.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

thanks i believe i got my answer & solution

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.