Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp prodesk 400
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I just purchased a Prodeskt 400 g2 mini and a SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB M.2-SATA SSD. I can't get the system to recognize the drive. Any thoughts? Don't need to install windows on it but would like it as a secondary drive.

Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Geronimodkj, welcome to the forum.

I am not familiar with the mini, but I know that the SATA settings should be set to either AHCI or RAID in a standard desktop.  You might check the BIOS to see if this is a possibility.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended
Already checked no such option I'm afraid
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information.

Like I said, I am not familiar with the mini.  My next suggestion is to contact Samsung's Tech Support for help.  I have come to realize with new components, such as, SSD's, it is much faster to contact Tech Support than fight all of the diagnostics.  They are the experts on their products and have a vested interest in getting their product to work for you, the customer.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

I solved the issue.

The place wher i bought the computer said the drive they sent would work. Turns out it doesn't as its a m.2 sata drive. The prodesk 400 mini has a pcie lane so i need a NVME drive. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the followup on your problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.