Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 23-d254er
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello!

I want to a little upgrade my AiO PC HP ENVY 23 TouchSmart AiO PC (p/n: 23-d254er).

Is this AiO PC support  mSATA Samsung 850 EVO SSD disk Samsung MZ-M5E250BW ?

I found one free MINI_CARD2 slot on motherboard (see atteched photo).20161008_104858_edited.jpg

I don't know to buy or not this SSD.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @iliyas1985,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!  I understand that you are looking for help with a possible SSD installation.   I am happy to assist you with this.

Looking at the HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, IPISB-NK (Lavaca3-SB), for your system, it has the following internal expansion slots:

Two PCI Express mini card sockets (Generation 2 speed)
    One PCI Express MXM slot that supports a PCI Express x16 graphics card (Generation 2 speed)

So if you find an SSD, that is compatible with those you can try using it, but there is never a guarantee that any two devices will work together.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi there @iliyas1985,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!  I understand that you are looking for help with a possible SSD installation.   I am happy to assist you with this.

Looking at the HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, IPISB-NK (Lavaca3-SB), for your system, it has the following internal expansion slots:

Two PCI Express mini card sockets (Generation 2 speed)
    One PCI Express MXM slot that supports a PCI Express x16 graphics card (Generation 2 speed)

So if you find an SSD, that is compatible with those you can try using it, but there is never a guarantee that any two devices will work together.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the comprehensive answer.
On next week I'll buy one SSD drive and try it.
Then I'll write on this post.

HP Recommended

That SSD you had listed is mSATA... the interfaces you have on the motherboard are mini PCI-e, you would require one of these to make it work: https://www.ebay.com/itm/mSATA-SSD-to-Mini-PCI-E-SSD-mSATA-to-PCI-Express-Converter-Card-Adapter-/35...

HP Recommended

That SSD you had listed is mSATA... the interfaces you have on the motherboard are mini PCI-e, you would require one of these to make it work: https://www.ebay.com/itm/mSATA-SSD-to-Mini-PCI-E-SSD-mSATA-to-PCI-Express-Converter-Card-Adapter-/35...

HP Recommended

Hi, please finaly have you add SSD to your motherboard. what type of SSD is compatible with AiO PC HP ENVY 23 TouchSmart AiO PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.