Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion 8180 nl media centre
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

this PC from 2007 now stuck all the time apperently the motherboard seem to be broken or not does what he have to do, from this PC its not possible to update the BIOS, im intend to buy another motherboard and processor, im not sure what to notice when i will purchase one, ATX or miro ATX ??i found an ASUS prime Z270 K ATX  together with an Intel i% processor 6th generation, please advice me if its possible or another option myabe.

Kind regards

W.Drenth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Willem1946,

I was pondering should I reply, but here goes.

The HP 8180 was a Vista based OS.  I could not find any reference to it on Computer Surgeons.  It's just too old.

1) Vista is no longer supported, there would be no updates if you found an install CD/DVD set.

2) Replacing motherboard creates a new computer.  That cancels OEM Vista OS.  No authenication.

3) Front panel wiring will not match-up with an different manufactured board.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

My suggestion - Just changing the motherboard and having the rest of hardware might cause compatibility issues later. If you want to invest get a new pc altogether.

As far as this one goes, you can create a Recovery Media and format the pc.

Alternatively, call up HP Support @1-800-474-6836 to order Recovery Media and format the pc post backing up all your files. That ways all issues will be taken care.

Follow the document below to run Recovery.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961

**Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

**Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

**Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

@Willem1946,

I was pondering should I reply, but here goes.

The HP 8180 was a Vista based OS.  I could not find any reference to it on Computer Surgeons.  It's just too old.

1) Vista is no longer supported, there would be no updates if you found an install CD/DVD set.

2) Replacing motherboard creates a new computer.  That cancels OEM Vista OS.  No authenication.

3) Front panel wiring will not match-up with an different manufactured board.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.