Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 750
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

despite the new hard drive being at 1TB much larger than the Pavilion I am replacing, when I moved my software over found that the C drive is much smaller than the Pavilion and woefully inadequate. I tried to move a partion to use some of the massive D drive but since it shows as two different disks the disk management tool in windows won't work.  I was with HP Support and despite wanting to be helpful, he admitted the engineers at HP screwed up.

Not sure what to do next but have tried downloading a partition tool but of course they are on the other side of the world and their live support is 8 to midnight and midnight to 4 am.....

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Require the additional 4 alphanumerics of model number:  Envy 750-###x

IF you will try to resolve -- BACKUP or MOVE all personal files/datasets from the hard drive.

DO YOU HAVE RECOVERY DISK (DVD or USB) ??

There are partition tools (third-party) beyond the MS Windows tools.

https://www.lifewire.com/free-disk-partition-software-tools-2624950

HP also has their Recovery tools.

gb

HP Recommended
Envy 750-424
I bought partition software and waiting for response from
Their tech support
HP Recommended

Your computer, HP Envy 750-424 is an entry-level PC.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-750-400-desktop-pc-series/12079665/document/c05272644/

This computer has a 128 GB TLC (Triple Level Cell) Solid State Drive and

a traditional 1 TB hard drive (3.5").

I assume that your drive C is 128 GB ...where Windows 10 is installed (ideal for fast boot).

That is a SMALL Boot drive.  I install 256GB SSD for Win10 boot drives, at a minimum.

Drive 😧 (1 TB) is then for Windows applications/user data.

PARTITION SOFTWARE won't resolve that configuration, understand?

HP Recommended

Hello

Would like to add some thoughts on this:

Have not examined new HP PC using a small SSD for operating system  and traditional HDD for storage.

I would hope HP installed as much software and Utilities as possible on the HDD.

Just about every program I have installed always gives a custom option where you can change the destination folder. Any program you have installed not using this custom option will wind up (default) on the SSD, so the C drive fills up fast. But by using the custom install option files will be placed in (C) Windows system folders and registy entries will be created as required but the bulk of the files will be placed in the correct folder located on the HDD partition.

The only way I know of to fix your problem is to uninstall each program you installed on this PC, then reinstall on the large HDD by changing the folder location during program setup. You cannot just move this stuff as it will mess up registry entries and file associations.

Nothing will work and it will be very frustrating.

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.