Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
touchsmart 310-1125f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have a touchsmart 310-1125f. Having Problems with power adapter. Can get it to work some times.
Got a new one on amazon. It will not start the computer blink once. They are both 120w 18.5v 6a
50-60 Hz. Have read It has to be a HP adapter for the computer to work. Will I have to buy a new
adapter. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dale18

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP TouchSmart 310-1125f Desktop PC and it does not power on due to issues with its total wattage: 120W external power adapter (100V-240V). You have purchased a new adapter and the issue persists. The PC blinks once. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Do the part numbers match on both the adapters? The part number should be 619484-001.
  • Do any other lights come on or blink continuously on the PC?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• While the PC is off, disconnect all cables from the PC (including the power cable).
  • Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds and then release it.
  • Reconnect the keyboard, mouse and the power cable and power on the PC.

If the issue still persists then I suggest you to check if the part numbers of the adapter are the same. If yes, then it should not be a problem with the adapter. In such a case you may reach out to the HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for the PC.

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

HP Recommended

Thankes Kazi for the help. The old adapter blink once the fan turn on then the pc turn off. The new adapter blinkes 3 times and turn off the fan never turn on.
The new adapter is not a hp adapter but is a 120w 18.5v 6.5a same as the hp. (Does the pc have to be repaced with a hp Product.) The old adapter has a bad capacitor
whating on a new one. Hope that fix the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi @dale18,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. Thanks for the quick response. As @MKazi, is out of office for the day I am jumping in to assist you. First off, a superb job was done on troubleshooting the issue.Great effort and resolve to try and fix the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂 

As you've tried multiple adapters and the computer still does not seem to work, it is quite possible that the computer may be faulty. From what I gathered from your post, it looks like you've ordered for another HP adapter. Please wait for this one to arrive and check if that does the trick for you. 

If this does not, then please contact HP phone support to get the computer serviced if such a situation crops up.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your reply.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.