Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 550-044
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just upgraded my processor from an intel i3 processor to an intel i7 and was wondering if i needed to update any drivers to get the most out of  my intagrated graphics card. The graphic don't seem to have improved much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Since the Integrated graphics is in the processor, the best thing to do is run HP and Windows Updates to assure that the driver is up to date.  This is about all that you can do.

Your best option would be to install a discrete video card.  This would not only improve the graphics, but would increase system performance considerably.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Since the Integrated graphics is in the processor, the best thing to do is run HP and Windows Updates to assure that the driver is up to date.  This is about all that you can do.

Your best option would be to install a discrete video card.  This would not only improve the graphics, but would increase system performance considerably.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Does my mother have a slot for that?

HP Recommended

If you have an HP Pavilion 550-044, then your motherboard is a Pegatron Memphis2-S which (as do all mobos that I know of) has room for a graphix card to be installed in the PCI Express x16 slot (the long one).  Now you just have to determine which graphix card(s) your motherboard supports.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.