Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION 550-153na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was thinking about upgrading my 550-153na PC with a graphics card (probably this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Graphics-Cards/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti/B01M5DU49X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=...) would it work with my PC? My PC has a 2b47 1.04 motherboard with a H110 chipset. If i can get that working with my PC will i have to upgrade my PSU aswell?, and to what wattage. I had read on reddit that i could only upgrade to 300watts but was looking at a 350watt PSU but didn't know if that thing on reddit was true...?

Many Thanks. PLEASE REPLY!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ADAMaim,

Here's info on the card.  It needs a 6 pin PCIE power lead. Card draws 75W.

Your existing PSU is 180W.  Just verify that the new PSU has the correct leads.

When asserting a problem,  a link is nice.  What PSU?  got a link?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@ADAMaim,

Here's info on the card.  It needs a 6 pin PCIE power lead. Card draws 75W.

Your existing PSU is 180W.  Just verify that the new PSU has the correct leads.

When asserting a problem,  a link is nice.  What PSU?  got a link?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@wb2001

Thanks Dean either this PSU https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LMBQD3O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A26T7BS9YHZ6... or this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Power-Supplies/Corsair-CP-9020046-UK-Builder-Bronze-Supply/B009RMP14M/ref...... are you sure that it needs a 6pin connector, ive seen a few videos on utube and it said it doesnt?

HP Recommended

@ADAMaim,

The Corsair CX450 would be my choice. Yes, the MSI 1050Ti has a 6pin PCIE power socket.

MSI.JPGtop right corner.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended
If you click the link for the MSI GPU u will see the GPU is the mini one not that one
HP Recommended

msi-geforce-1050ti-oc.jpg

this one

HP Recommended

You are correct. The single fan, black case does not have the 6 pin PCIE power need.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.