Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

When trying to open an email today w/attachment I get the message, "WLDCore.dll is missing and cannot be found"  I have an HP Pavillion Slimline.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I want to let you know your solution was spot on!  I tried the "Windows Update" and in 5 mins. everything was fixed...thanks so much.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The solution was simply copy paste those 2 files wldcore.dll and wldlog.dll from c:\Program Files\Windows Live\Shared to

• c:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger
  • c:\Program Files\Windows Live\Contacts
  • c:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks**** I am not an HP employee, I am a volunteer****
****Click on the Accept As Solution button on the lower right side if a suggestion resolves the issue you are having****

HP Recommended

I want to let you know your solution was spot on!  I tried the "Windows Update" and in 5 mins. everything was fixed...thanks so much.

HP Recommended

Thanks can You click

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks**** I am not an HP employee, I am a volunteer****
****Click on the Accept As Solution button on the lower right side if a suggestion resolves the issue you are having****

HP Recommended

When sending emails from a site e.g. Narrowboatworld the message comes up WLDCore.dll appears.

Can you solve the problem, using Windows 10

Thank you

HP Recommended

Searched all over and tried lots of things but your idea worked perfectly...thanks

got messed up installing 

BackUp Maker - Add-On ExclusiveFiles

so be wary.....thanks again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.