Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have a hp pavilon  all in one  64 bits windows 10. I ran a test everything passed except the short DST   also  a message said shadow copy service not working. so I try to replace the hard drive   it want find the new hard drive and it good  because I try it in another computer .

The hard drive that come with the computer is a wd 500   I'm try to  replace it with  seagate 250 gb  

They have same connection and it connect good I see no reason why it doesn't accept it. It also has windows 10 on it

Thanks  for any help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You said "The hard drive that come with the computer is a wd 500   I'm try to  replace it with  seagate 250 gb ".  You must replace the hard drive with the same capacity (500GB) or greater.  Please do not exceed 2 TB.  If you never made your ONE TIME set of Recovery DVD+R media, then do it now.

PS<> It makes little sense to jump all aound the various HP sub-forums seeking an answer.  Also, when asked a simple question "what is the product number", it's a tag on the back of the AIO, you just go wandering off to post in another forum.    Are you testing our resolve, or are you worse?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You said "The hard drive that come with the computer is a wd 500   I'm try to  replace it with  seagate 250 gb ".  You must replace the hard drive with the same capacity (500GB) or greater.  Please do not exceed 2 TB.  If you never made your ONE TIME set of Recovery DVD+R media, then do it now.

PS<> It makes little sense to jump all aound the various HP sub-forums seeking an answer.  Also, when asked a simple question "what is the product number", it's a tag on the back of the AIO, you just go wandering off to post in another forum.    Are you testing our resolve, or are you worse?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I'm sorry I only post this once or thought I did  I didn't know why it wouldn't except the disk i was try to used  I wasn't testing anyone  I honest want to know  something I didn't know 

Thank you for telling me why the hard drive doesn't work  I know know what to buy to replace it with  and I am truly sorry for make you think  I was test anyone  Thanks again for your help 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.