Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey Dude,

There is no list of good ram for this MB. All HP support will tell you is the type of ram that they list as OK but they do not work. I am a professional IT engineer with 20+ years experience. I have dozzens of different flavors of RAM that should work with the finiky MB but one one does as I have listed in previous posts. Save your self the stress and stop asking why. I still curse the day my CEO bought a half dozen of these systems, but I did find the right ram, and I will have to admit that the systems have been rock steady since......  Oh yeah please post kudos if you think I have helped you.

HP Recommended

It' all in the timing.... it has to be 9-10-BO

HP Recommended

@Toni_Bello wrote:

HP you are NOT giving any support ! 

This is really BAD ATTITUDE !!!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I'm sorry but this is a peer-to-peer community of HP customers, and not a venue to contact HP directly. Most of the users here are consumers like yourself who are offering solutions because they like to help others, and any HP employees you see are here on their own capacity and not representing the company.

If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, or questions about repair, you can use the link below for contact information.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

If you have other questions and concerns about using the forum, please feel free to send me a private message.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

🙂 Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
🙂 When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

HP Recommended

Dear OrnahP not support at all for my computer . This is what I get on your website. The PC has been bought in Decemeber 2009 so it has almost 2 1/2 yers ! Should I trash it in a dump ? Maybe this is HP suggestion ? HP should give also tech assistance to his customers especially when there are problems that only HP knows exactly. Anyway ...

I can accept this as good behaviour !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For DrDavila... did you try to couple difrrent ram sticks (kingstone + samsung ?

Do you undestrastand that any PC3-10600U-09-10-B0 will be good  for this awful MB ?

cadalyst_005.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi Toni,

Yes, I have tried Samsung and Kingston PC3-10600U with 09-10-B0 timing, and everything was OK. But, I also bought Crucial PC3-10600U RAM through crucial's web site that guaranteed it to work but it did not work. The timing was 09-10-A0. They took the ram back but I was out the return shipping costs. Be carefull not to buy any ram unless you see the sticker on it showing the 09-10-BO. You have to understand that HP built this motherboard with the cheapest chipsets they could, so the BIOS only works with that timing where all the other MB use a chipset that will sync to many different timing configurations. My co-workers think that HP did this with a strange timing configuration so people would be forced to buy their ram from HP.

HP Recommended

Ahahaha HP is really filthy and **bleep** !!! HP you are rellay filty and oscene !

Take your responsability !

HP Recommended
**bleep** !!!
HP Recommended

I finally found a solution!  Ordered the original RAM from a dude in Singapore on Ebay.  Completely ridiculous that I had to go that route but luckily they worked.  I'd ordered several sticks from Crucial, Newegg and my friend that owns a repair shop tried about 20 different sticks.  None worked even though they should.  The crappy part is that HP tells you the support is via this message board since they don't offer any info on the specs page (that's correct anyway) and they have no bios updates.  

So moderator, you stand corrected, I was told repeatedly that this is where HP support happens.  So I'm glad I have mine running again with 6GB but I think we can all agree that we will never order from HP ever again.  Used to be a good company, too bad...

HP Recommended
Didi you try tried Samsung and Kingston PC3-10600U with 09-10-B0 timing togheter on the MB ^? Didi they work associated ?
HP Recommended

Ok 1 Kingston works good with 3 Samsung. Thank you very much for the suggestion DrDavila !

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.