Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just one stick that I got out of a Dell, never spent too much attention to it since I assumed getting good ram would be S.O.P. since I do this a dozen times a week.  Boy was I wrong, I got a feeling it might even be a 800MHz, which would be the slowest ram you can get :manmad: I'll post tonight when I get home. 

HP Recommended

This is the RAM that works.

But what makes this RAM so different?

It looks like just regular PC3-10600 unbuffered.

I have a PIC of it at http://www.poorrichard.biz/MEM.jpg

I am buying another stick of this Kingston on-line today and will let you all know how it works out.

KINGSTON                          2GB 2RX8 PC3-10600U
                                              9 - 10 - B0

KP223C-ELD                     9995403-030.A00LF
5006870-1040

And I have given up trying to update the BIOS, every one I find for the p6340f PC or the Eureka3 IPIEL-LA3 MotherBoard says that the system is not supported. I use win7 32bit and run as Admin but nothing works so far. I give up!

HP Recommended

That's it!!!!!!

The Kingston RAM works great.

BIOS

For being cheap ram it scors OK as a 7.2 on WEI same as the CPU, almost impressive as my Kingston SSD only gets 6.8WIN7 WEI

So the secret is in figuring out what the "Bo" stands for in the specs for the Kingston KP223C-ELD or just keep buying that model of RAM, the MB maxes out at 8 anyways.  The BIOS is so BS it claims it is a PC3-8500, that's your problem right there....... BAD BIOS and NO SUPPORT from HP

HP Recommended

That's it!!!!!!

The Kingston RAM works great.

BIOS

For being cheap ram it scores OK as a 7.2 on WEI same as the CPU, (almost impressive) Kingston SSD only gets 6.8 (sad)WIN7 WEI

So the secret is in figuring out what the "Bo" stands for in the specs for the Kingston KP223C-ELD or just keep buying that model of RAM, the MB maxes out at 8 anyways.  The BIOS is so BS it claims it is a PC3-8500, that's your problem right there....... BAD BIOS and NO SUPPORT from HP

2.jpg

HP Recommended

I have the same problem on Italian 

HP Pavilion p6231it 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=it&lc=it&dlc=it&product=4072217

With the following caractheristics of the motherboard IPIEL-LA3

Produttore PEGATRON CORPORATION

Modello Eureka3 (CPU 1)

Vendor Chipset Intel

Modello Chipset P45/P43/G45/G43

Revisione Chipset A3

Vendor Southbridge Intel

Modello Southbridge 82801JR (ICH10R)

Revisione Southbridge 00

Temperatura sistema 42 °C

BIOS

Marca American Megatrends Inc.

Versione 5.11

Data 29/09/2009

The original RAM are 3 2GB sticks

Samsung >>> M378B5673EH1-CH9 2GB 2Rx8 PC3-10600U-09-10-B0

Tipo DDR3

Dimensioni 2048 MByte

Produttore Samsung

Max Larghezza Banda PC3-10700 (667 MHz)

Numero Parte M378B5673EH1-CH9

Numero Serie 87A02E92

Settimana/anno 40 / 09

SPD Est. EPP

Bought and added 1 2gb stick branded

KINGSTON DDR3 2GB MODELLO: KVR1333D3S8N9/2G 2GB PC310600 CL9 240 PIN

Not working at all !

So did you find a working RAM stick 2GB to add ?

Shoul I upgrade the BIOS ??

Nuovo documento 3_Pagina_1.jpgNuovo documento 3_Pagina_2.jpgNuovo documento 3_Pagina_3.jpg

HP Recommended

Posible that HP doesn't give a SLUTION ?

Bad !!!! Really BAD !!!! :manfrustrated:

HP Recommended

Yeah Buddy,  There is NO SUPPORT from HP for this motherboard. Good luck trying to upgrade the BIOS, I gave up on that after trying three different OS and six different BIOS upgrade files. No combination worked. HP sucks! The only ram I could get to work was this:

MEM.jpg

KINGSTON                          2GB 2RX8 PC3-10600U
                                              9 - 10 - B0

KP223C-ELD                     9995403-030.A00LF
5006870-1040

I was able to buy three of the from E-Bay and they all work fine. The Bios is so messed up it does not report the right speed in the BIOS but I used ramchk and it is running at the right speed. The key thing to look for is the timing. It has to be 9-10-B0 and there is some going for cheap at http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kingston-2GB-KP223C-ELD-Memory-stick-PC3-10600U-9-10-B0-1stick-1gig-1-stick-...

GOOD LUCK!

HP Recommended

You bought Kingston KVR (kingston value ram) that will no0t work it has to be model KP223C-ELD PC3-10600U 9-10-B0 one or two gig sticks.....

HP Recommended

Akkk good meawhile I had a feddback from HP not the good one !

What about kvr ' What's the matter ? Where can I find a list of working memories on this horrible andawful HP motherboard  Eureka3 IPIEL-LA3

Instead of pointing out unuseful claims please answer to the problem requested as all the the tread is requesteing to HP.
Thanks !!!

Il 31/07/2013 13:51, HP Community Mailer ha scritto:
Hello Toni_Bello,

You have received a private message in the HP Support Forum.

Subject: Rejected Image

Body:

Hello Toni_Bello, 

Please note that one of your images was rejected because it contains the Serial Number of your computer, which is considered private information.  Please edit and repost your image so we can approve it.  

Thanks, 

OrnahP

HP Recommended

Ah another question . I ahve 3  samsung sticks working. I wanty only 1 to reach 8gb ... possible or not ? Did you tray to couple with different ram stick ?

HP you are NOT giving any support ! 

This is really BAD ATTITUDE !!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.