Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It would be nice if either HP or someone from the community could help me with my problem. It's been a couple of months since I first posted and none of the suggestions put forward have worked for me. I have a Pavillion 23-f213w that came installed with Windows 8. I upgraded to Windows 10 when it became available and ever since then I have had problems. If I put my PC in sleep mode, when it wakes up the monitor is dim (so I have to restart to get normal brightness again). Also, my screensaver does not function at all since upgarding to Windows 10. So I really cannot leave my computer on at all when I am not using it- because sleep doesn't work and I have no screensaver. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind that NONE OF THE SOLUTIONS IN THIS THREAD HAVE WORKED FOR ME.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Updating the BIOS resolved this problem for me.  See this link for instructions

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/TouchSmart-PC/Pavilion-Touchsmart-23-screen-dim-after-sleep-since-Windo...

HP Recommended

I have been having the same problem and because my computer is outside of warranty - nobody at HP will help unless I pay for it. I have three HP computers...Two have different issues but both since the upgrade to Windows 10

HP Recommended

When upgrading to windows 10 screen goes dark after sleep mode.  I understand HP is working on a fix. How will I know when to try again?

HP Recommended

I have 2 HP 100B All - in - One desktops.  Both upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 32.  One computer is perfect and no issues with the display.  The other has a dim screen.  I've sent brightness to max, I've upgraded the Nvidia video drivers - nothing has changed.

HP Recommended

This worked for me all you have to do is update the bios. Updating the drivers does not work at all. If you are using windows 10 when looking for the latest bios update for your touchscreen 23 go to HP website and when it sees that you have a windows 10 machince change it over to windows 8.1 or windows 8.0 and update the Bios this will solve your problem with it waking up to a dark screen from sleep mode..Good Luck..

HP Recommended

THANK You, this worked in just a couple of clicks screen is bright again.

HP Recommended

This worked for me all you have to do is update the bios. Updating the drivers does not work at all. If you are using windows 10 when looking for the latest bios update for your touchscreen 23 go to HP website and when it sees that you have a windows 10 machince change it over to windows 8.1 or windows 8.0 and update the Bios this will solve your problem with it waking up to a dark screen from sleep mode..Good Luck..

HP Recommended

This works!  My HP was shipped with Windows 8.0. I upgraded to 8.1 and the dark screen issue started.  I just lived with it until Windows 10, hoping that a new OS would fix it. Fail. I then saw this solution of reverting the BIOS to Windows 8.1 and it worked!!!  Apparently there was a fix made that I was unaware of all this time in 8.1. Anyway, thanks for sharing this. 

HP Recommended

I changed option to hibernate and it worked.  I also enabled pnp  in control monitor.

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.