Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp compaq 4300 pro SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I tryed to make a boot to bring computer back to fabric settings but it is not working , (quess the 😧 drive is damaged or the image is damaged)   

If I put the computer on and press (escape) i see an option menu , but whatever I choose to run all runs is the option 11 put your system back to fatory settings . BUT everytime  the computer says : can not start the installed program press ok to close computer.          Please help         do I need to put a new system on the computer ? and how do I do that  what do I need 

can I find a saved backup for the factory settings  and installed programs somewere from internet ???

Hope someone can help me ,

thanks 

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I spoke with hp support and they promise to send me the media pack (hope it is the recovery data) for free , it will be here in 4 days , hope that fixes it 

thank you all for helping me

david

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

If the system has already started the Recovery Manager and started the recovery, it might be to the point where there is no way out but to use a Recovery Disk set to force the Recovery to run from DVD instead of the hard drive .

The Recovery set is available from Computer Surgeons.

Just click on that link and pick the model number

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice , was hoping for a free solution ;;;and my product number I not even can find there (czc2366SWD) 

In my case I just want a clean setup , i'm not worring from my personal date I just backup this , but I rather have a solution I clear the whole pc . install hp software and windows  . So if you can give some advice how to do this ( hp program and how to install windows with a recovery disk in the 😧 drive) thanks 

HP Recommended

Well the F11 option immediately at startup, before the PC starts is supposed to run the Recovery Manager.  If that no longer works, then the Recovery disk set is the only other way to get it back to "factory fresh".  Otherwise a clean install of Windows 7 with real Windows 7 install media. - an no HP software included.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Again thanks for reacting !. I was hoping that at least some HP program I could use to put a new system on my pc ,,,because I don't have a videocard in it so was hoping the software of HP was there to stimulate a videocard. ??  Also I kind of like the system with a restore system on my D:| drive - is that still to get wenn I install just windows?

For now I first try to make a usb ehbo stick (with a data recover program on it so I can maybe undelite some files and after it maybe the restore from d:| drive is working . If I do the install with just windows do I need some other programs ? like do I have to delite the computer first, make partions ?

HP Recommended

When the motherboard has built-in or onboard graphics, then a video card may not be needed, but it is not "simulated".  Since a message does come on-screen, then the video portion must be working to some extent. 

In the first post, it was said "I tryed to make a boot to bring computer back to fabric settings but it is not working , (quess the 😧 drive is damaged or the image is damaged) "  If the 😧 drive is still there, perhaps you can get it to respond by another means.  When you tried the initial Recovery Manager initiate, what means did you use to call it up?  Was the computer running and it was initiated from inside of Windows?

Try getting it to respond using the F11 key.  Read THIS SUPPORT PAGE on how to do that.  Scroll down to the topic

Steps to follow for Recovery from the startup screen (during system boot) OR when unable to boot to login in screen

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

fIRST THANKS TO ANSWER ME

i TRIED TO DO THE BACK TO FABRIC FIRST WENN WINDOWS WAS RUNNING THAN NOTHING HAPPEN ,tHEN i DOWNLOADED HP SUPPORT ASSISTENT  SO WITHOUT BEEING IN WINDOWS i THINK i STARTED THE SUPPORT ASSISTENT AND MADE THE CHOICE TO DO A SYSTEM TO GO BACK TO FABRIC SETTINGS (BY STARTING UP i PRESSED f11   AND THEN CHOOSE TO BRING IT BACK TO FATORY SETTINGS .  sO IT WAS NOT INITIATED FROM WITHIN WINDOWS.

PRESSING f11 GIVES ME TWO OPTIONS: ONE START WINDOWS (((THIS WORKS AFTER i RUN A WINDOWS RECOVERY PROGRAM FROM MY EHBO USB STICK )))  TWO: BRING BACK COMPUTER TO FACTORY SETTINGS PRESSING THIS 

PRESSING IT :  "NOT ABLE TO FIND THE INSTALLED FILES IF YOU PRESS THIS BUTTON THE COMPUTER WILL GO OUT" 

WITH THE PRODUCT  RECUVA i FIND OUT THAT A LOT OF PROGRAMS HAVE BEEN DELETED (EVEN SOMETHING LIKE SHADOW HARDDISK AND THEN FROM NUMBER 5 UNTILL NUMBER 26    IT JUST ARE PEACES NOT BIGGER THEN 2MB SO DO'NOT THINK THAT WILL HELP ..   i CAN RESTORE IT BUT NOT SURE WERE TO PUT THE FILES,,,BECAUSE THE FILES ARE NOT FROM THE RECYCLE BIN 

FROM THE D DRIVE ONLY LOGS NOT BIGGER THEN .2 MB SO    LEAVES ME TO DO F11    BUT THAT IS NOT WORKING STARTING IT UP FROM WITHIN WINDOWS  " THE COMPUTER CAN NOT IN WINDOWS RECOVERY MODE  RESTART TO COMPLITE  THE RECOVER  ACTION 

HP Recommended

I see no other way then using the Recovery DVD set from Computer Surgeons to get this back to the way it should be.  The model number you posted does not seem to be a good one.  Try locating a number that matches one of the ones on the Computer Surgeons page.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for answering

To find the right number at a recovery disk for hp store will be hard     this are the figurs

HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF PC

serienumber (removed content)

productnumber LX830EA#ABH

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits Service Pack 1

the information about what kind of computer it is must be right this are the numbers HP gives (reconize service hp)

I will contact computer Surgeons to ask if they have a recovery set for my computer , are there any other companies who deliver recovery disks for computerts?  I might even contact HP itself 

anyway think I have to spent money on it , hope to find the right recovery disk

thanks for all effort

david

HP Recommended

I spoke with hp support and they promise to send me the media pack (hope it is the recovery data) for free , it will be here in 4 days , hope that fixes it 

thank you all for helping me

david

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.