Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Prodesk 400 G1 MT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I think I need to upgrade the graphics adapter and need help on what I can buy and install.  The following is an image from a genealogy program I am using and the graphics adapter is an Intel HD graphics 4400 adapter, 32 bit, and the CPU is 64 bit, OS is Win 7 Pro.  The compressed portion of the picture should look like the bottom part that I can scroll thru.  Any suggestions?

Thanks, Kay

Duplicates.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi David,

There is a list of recommended graphics cards starting on page 25 in the following:

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04123127.pdf

and they are:  

AMD Radeon HD 8470 Graphics Card
NVIDIA NVS 310 Graphics Card
NVIDIA NVS 315 1GB PCIe x 16 Graphics Card
NVIDIA GeForce GT630 Graphics Card 

AMD Radeon HD 8350 1GB PCie x16 DH Graphics Card
AMD Radeon HD 8490 1GB PCie x16 Graphics Card

I'm in the process of checking them out.   I do appreciate your suggestions;  it gave me a starting point and I stumbled across the above while looking.

Thanks, Kay

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @KMM5,

Thanks for stopping by the HP forums. Good day! 🙂 I reviewed the post the about graphic card upgrades for your computer.t will be a delight to assist you here. 🙂

Terrific effort and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting.  Kudos to you on that score. 🙂  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Have you tried to check the product specifications of the computer?
  • Have you tried to check for compatible graphics cards?

When you buy a graphics card a lot of factors come into play.

• The form factor of the card and the expansion slot involved on the motherboard to house the card.
  • The power supply for the card should be good enough to power the card.
  • The power connectors of the power supply should be compatible with the graphics card.
  • The PCI-E slot involved for housing the card.
  •  The bios version of the computer.

This link will help regarding the service guide: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/manualsResults/?sp4ts.oid=538953...

This is a useful link of your computer also: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/manualsResults?sp4ts.oid=5389531&ac.admitted=1...

Please contact a local technician like Best Buy or Staples to check the compatible graphics card and then perform the upgrade so that it is a smooth sail without any compatibility issues and the computer works correctly.

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll always be there to assist you always. 🙂

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi David,

There is a list of recommended graphics cards starting on page 25 in the following:

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04123127.pdf

and they are:  

AMD Radeon HD 8470 Graphics Card
NVIDIA NVS 310 Graphics Card
NVIDIA NVS 315 1GB PCIe x 16 Graphics Card
NVIDIA GeForce GT630 Graphics Card 

AMD Radeon HD 8350 1GB PCie x16 DH Graphics Card
AMD Radeon HD 8490 1GB PCie x16 Graphics Card

I'm in the process of checking them out.   I do appreciate your suggestions;  it gave me a starting point and I stumbled across the above while looking.

Thanks, Kay

HP Recommended

Hi @KMM5,

I read the post.  Thanks for the reply. Brilliant effort and great analysis of the issue.  Hats off you for that. 🙂 

Trust me I've done all I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. You've been commendable and it has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I genuinely hope the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time once with the graphics card replacement. If you think that I led you in the right direction giving you the information to locate the manuals for the card, I request you to mark my post as an accepted solution for several others to benefit.  

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.