Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
p2-1317cb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
i bought this computer several years ago...currently i stationed in Korea.
i set internet with 1g speed but this computer has built in lan card with support 10m/100m speed
so i tried usb lan card that support 1g bite...
but that usb lan card not working with window 10.
is anyway i can upgrade lan card for more than 100m speed?
do i have to change whole main board for this issue?
anyone have an answer, please let me know.
thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That has got to be perhaps the least upgradeable desktop PC I have ever seen. 

There no PCIe slots   that allow interfacing in any fashion to the motherboard's busses. The best you will manage will be to find a usb wireless interface such as those at the following web page at Newegg.com

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100158094%20600014288

Look for one with a high data rate. Your chances of  getting 1GB  data rate are nil.  I have an ASUS USB-AC56 and it  has a pretty high data transfer rate in 802.11N mode. 802.11ac is not as fast as the marketing hype promised. 

You will need a powerful wireless router capable of 802.11 b\g\n\ac specifications. My current router is an ASUS Dark Knight RT-AC66U and it does a great job throught my home and in the garden.

@cuetip9ball

Re: your PM

I wouldn't bother replacing the motherboard because a different motherboard would have the isssue of an open air I\O backplate.  The rear of the case is proprietary for the motherboard already installed.  

It will cost you  more than what you paid for the PC to upgrade, since you won't be able to use the CPU (APU) or the RAM  that is soldered onto the motherboard. It will involve the same effort as it takes to build a DIY PC. I don't know if you are willing to do the research that it takes to do that. It means a lot of reading , cost and feature comparison, purchasing of the correct guaramteed compatible memory and CPU and a good desktop case. 

Save up for another pre-built PC with an Intel (sixth Gen.) Core i5 or i7 CPU and 8GB of installed memory if you're not ready to build a DIY PC. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

That has got to be perhaps the least upgradeable desktop PC I have ever seen. 

There no PCIe slots   that allow interfacing in any fashion to the motherboard's busses. The best you will manage will be to find a usb wireless interface such as those at the following web page at Newegg.com

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100158094%20600014288

Look for one with a high data rate. Your chances of  getting 1GB  data rate are nil.  I have an ASUS USB-AC56 and it  has a pretty high data transfer rate in 802.11N mode. 802.11ac is not as fast as the marketing hype promised. 

You will need a powerful wireless router capable of 802.11 b\g\n\ac specifications. My current router is an ASUS Dark Knight RT-AC66U and it does a great job throught my home and in the garden.

@cuetip9ball

Re: your PM

I wouldn't bother replacing the motherboard because a different motherboard would have the isssue of an open air I\O backplate.  The rear of the case is proprietary for the motherboard already installed.  

It will cost you  more than what you paid for the PC to upgrade, since you won't be able to use the CPU (APU) or the RAM  that is soldered onto the motherboard. It will involve the same effort as it takes to build a DIY PC. I don't know if you are willing to do the research that it takes to do that. It means a lot of reading , cost and feature comparison, purchasing of the correct guaramteed compatible memory and CPU and a good desktop case. 

Save up for another pre-built PC with an Intel (sixth Gen.) Core i5 or i7 CPU and 8GB of installed memory if you're not ready to build a DIY PC. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Thanks for your advice...:)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.