Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 550-127
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am upgrading my pc and i found a gpu i want to get, the XFX Radeon RS RX 480. I am also buying a new power supply to be able to run it. I would like to know if that gpu will fit my pc and which power supply should i get? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BaileyButler709, welcome to the forum.

I have reviewed the XFX Radeon RS RX 480 on Newegg.  If you look at the card in my link, it shows the card as 9.45" in length.  You can measure from the Back I/O ports to the fron of the case to see if it will fit.

Now, let's talk about the power supply unit (PSU).  The PSU in the computer is 180W.  The video card requires at least 500W to operate properly.  You will have to upgrade the PSU, also.  I always recommend at least 100W more than the card requires.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@BaileyButler709, welcome to the forum.

I have reviewed the XFX Radeon RS RX 480 on Newegg.  If you look at the card in my link, it shows the card as 9.45" in length.  You can measure from the Back I/O ports to the fron of the case to see if it will fit.

Now, let's talk about the power supply unit (PSU).  The PSU in the computer is 180W.  The video card requires at least 500W to operate properly.  You will have to upgrade the PSU, also.  I always recommend at least 100W more than the card requires.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

I honestly dont know what an i/o port is

HP Recommended

The Input/Output (I/O) ports are on the back where the video card connector is located.  An input port would be #5 Ethernet allows Internet into the computer.  An Output port is #2 Video Graphics Adapter (VGA) allows the video card to supply video to the monitor.  Here is a picture of the ports:

Capture31.PNG

I hope this helps you with your understanding.  If you look at the back of the computer this is what you will see.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply! helped alot, thanks!

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @BaileyButler709.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.